cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

4K/Ultimate no longer working on Fire TV

Go to solution

In the BT Sport app on my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Ultimate, the BT Sport Ultimate channel disappeared around a week or so ago.

Using the Compatibility Checker, there is a cross (X) for 4K on the "Devices" row:

BT Sport_2021-04-03.jpg

"Your Fire TV and your TV are not able to display 4K. If you think this isn't right, visit http://bt.com/sport/help"

I tried to visit that page but it says "Sorry, we couldn't connect you":
Screenshot_2021-03-04_18-50-27.png

What can I do to fix this and get 4K/Ultimate back on BT Sport app for Fire TV?

It was working perfectly well until a week or two ago, with the exact same devices (4K Fire TV Stick with 4K LG TV). I have tried restarting the Fire TV Stick, and also powering off and turning back on both the Fire TV Stick and the TV, but to no effect.

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: 4K/Ultimate no longer working on Fire TV

Go to solution

Check your display settings on the Fire Stick - Settings, Display & Sound, Display, Video Resolution.
If you've manually selected a value below 4K, then it'll prevent the app from displaying 4K.

I've also notified the app team of the incorrect link to bt.com - it should have been /help/sport not /sport/help

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, @DarrenDev - that has solved it, probably the fastest I've ever had an issue solved on forums like this! 😀

It was set to 1080p for some reason; I don't think I changed it myself so can only think the Fire TV Stick changed it when I watched some non-4K content.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@adw it could have been a software update from Amazon that reset your screen resolution... 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I could only access HDR , not 4K HDR for the Chelsea match when I switched  on for k.o today. I normally have display settings set to up to 4K with match original frame rate set to ON. I have now changed my display settings to 2160p/50Hz in order to be able to access the match in 4K HDR.

0 Ratings