cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyrwebb
Message 1 of 7

6 hours on the phone to Tech Support!!!

I cannot get any sports channels on my black vision box. After 6 hours on the phone to tech support i was told that the firmware on my box is out of date and that I would need to wait up to 2 weeks for this to be sorted. Has anyone else had this type of problem?? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
greggoir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: 6 hours on the phone to Tech Support!!!

Have been trying to resolve my problem for 3 days now, passed from one dept to the next only to be cut off numerous times. tech guy identified problem this morning but was unable to fix as they are not allowed to change system info (work that out) when told I needed to speak to sales team again to resolve he cut me off!  in total reckon ive clocked up about 5 hours worth of calls over past 3 days and to make t worse cant even reach any of them all afternoon just keep getting message telling me they are unable to answer call at this time due to high demand.  Beyond joke now.  Sky will nail them over this fiasco.

0 Ratings
jimmyrwebb
Message 3 of 7

Tell me about it. I spoke to 9 different people and the answer to when will i be able to watch sport was " i dont know". Shocking.

0 Ratings
ems
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

can you pick up the channels on your boxes?  if you can then click Bt Vision on your remote / Help & Settings / Settings / Entitlement Information

does this show as initialised?

0 Ratings
Imp13
Message 5 of 7

You have beaten me in time spent on the phone by an hour but we have still reached the same conclusion!!  I was asked to rescan for channels 6 times before my patience ran out, I kept saying my card was showing as not paired (in settings menu), it seemed they didnt know what that meant!  They asked me four times if my ariel was outside. I rang the cancellations dept to tell them I was placing my payments on hold until it was sorted, they transferred me to the technical dept with a suggestion I request a new viewing card!....... twenty minutes later, without anyone answering, I gave up. I have emailed my intention (and views) and await a response. Oh yes, and I still have no BT Sport.

0 Ratings
sandiford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I don't appear to have 'entitlement' listed under settings at all.
Any ideas ?
Jeff
0 Ratings
homerhotspur
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I am desperately trying to avoid the mental torture of phoning the 'helplines'. Given what is happening to you and other people, it is an easy decision to make at the moment.

I am in the same position  with a Black Vision + box but no channels available - state 'viewing card unsubscribed to channel'. I have managed to get the online service which means I can plug into TV if wanted.

I had a letter a few weeks ago advising me that I would get BT Sport from 16th August - As yet nobody else seems to have said they have also had this letter. I have no idea why I got it. I have tried to apply for a viewing card but get a nonsensical response back.

I would hav ethought that the Moderators could have clarified exactly what is the position for existing BT Vision plus box holders.(who do not have infinity) Do we need a new card? Are they being sent out automatically to existing subscribers? Why can we not order one? Why have I had a letter about 16th August?

0 Ratings