Did you mean: 
Highlighted
syldave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 37

Adding BT Sport to Sky Q Minis

Go to solution

Hi 

i have had Sky Q installed, BT sport is working fine on our main Silver box but as expected not on the minis as we don't pay for BT sport multiroom, so I just called 0800800150 as advised on BT own site here https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-bt-sport-on-sky

where it clearly says if you have Sky Q to call that number to add multiroom, and I have just been told it is not possible as the minis don't have viewing cards, and it should just work as they run off the main boxes viewing card and to call Sky now I know this is not true and I need to pay the extra £5 which is fine and it needs to be done through BT, can anyone advise me on how to do this please.

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 37

Re: Adding BT Sport to Sky Q Minis

Go to solution
Looking on the Sky forums, the trick seems to be to keep calling back until you get someone at BT who's actually read the internal bulletins telling them about how to add Sky Q mini support.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution

@syldave wrote:

Hi 

i have had Sky Q installed, BT sport is working fine on our main Silver box but as expected not on the minis as we don't pay for BT sport multiroom, so I just called 0800800150 as advised on BT own site here https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-bt-sport-on-sky

where it clearly says if you have Sky Q to call that number to add multiroom, and I have just been told it is not possible as the minis don't have viewing cards, and it should just work as they run off the main boxes viewing card and to call Sky now I know this is not true and I need to pay the extra £5 which is fine and it needs to be done through BT, can anyone advise me on how to do this please.

Actually that link you give ony says "if you have Sky Q to call them on that number to ORDER A SECOND BOX which seems to imply that Sky Q mini cannot get BT Sport Multiroom .

May be I'm reading it wrong

[edit]

after viewing the Sky Forums it does look like this is available and it is probably down to lack of info with the sales people.

Did find this number on Sky Forums and people found that they were more knowledgeable about it.:

{quote}hi if u call 08000234427 they seem to know more about sky q like i said above its a form that they need to send which then allows bt sport on the mini

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
syldave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution
Thbaks guys I got it sorted yesterday, they filled the offline form in and told me it would take 24 hours but was up and running on both mini boxes within 3 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @syldave,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad to hear you manged to get that sorted Smiley Happy

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
LeeJim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

Hi there,

I have posted a similar question on my own thread...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/Sky-Viewing-Card-Error-amp-BT-Sport-On-SKY-Q-Silver/...

I am still no cleared lol.

Do I need to pay anything extra to get BT sport to show on my Sky Q mini box or not?

Cound someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Lee 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

Hi LeeJim,

In order to have BT Sport on your Sky Q Mini, you do need to pay £5.00 per month for the BT Sport Second Box subscription. If you're having problems ordering the service, I'll be able to help. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
PeaWCee
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution

I spoke to "Omar" at BT Sport who advised that there is no additional monthly charge to have BT Sport added to the mini-box. I asked him to double-check this, which he did and confirmed it was correct....when I was ready to transfer (at the time I had not ordered Sky Q) I was advised to contact the Sport only dept; apparently they have an internal process known as "form wise" which is used to add BT Sport to the mini-box.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @LeeJim

I've sent you an email reply a few minutes ago.

I'm glad I could help sort everything out and get BT Sport up and running on both your boxes Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jasond1988
Beginner
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution
I've just had Sky Q installed today. BT Sport works on my Sky Q Silver box however not on Mini box. Phoned number on BT website and advised will only work on main box and have to pay £5 a month for Mini box.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
0 Ratings