Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Adding Sky football to existing BT TV/BT Sport package

Go to solution

Morning community,

I'm not happy. I have been a BT customer for the last few years and currently have landline, Broadband and BT TV package including BT Sport. I want to add Sky football to our existing package but only temporarily on a month to month basis. To watch my footy team in the LG1 play-offs - exclusive to Sky.

After enquiring it seems I will have to drop our existing package and sign-up to a new one at twice the price.

I am a pensioner, have not suspended BT Sport during the existing Covid pandemic.

New customers are being offered the flexibility to drop in & out of Sky football via BT.

I consider I am being badly treated by BT. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Adding Sky football to existing BT TV/BT Sport package

Go to solution

To get the flexibilty through BT you'd have to sign up to a new 24 month contract on a new flexible tv package as per any customer wanting it via them.

You can however sign up direct with now tv as well & then watch via rhe now tv app on the youview box

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi Gary,
Thanks for your reply. I investigated adding Now TV to our existing package but it would appear we would still have to transfer to a much dearer BT package to access Now TV via our existing YouView box.
Having "played fair" with BT by continuing our BT Sport package charges during the pandemic (ie not suspending payments) I feel we are being unfairly discriminated against. I am quite willing to pay for a week/month temporary subscription to Sky via BT. What's the problem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Yes that's to add it to the package & watch/record via the guide. You can still use the app on the box by purchasing passes elsewhere & logging in that's what I meant

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Woodyboy35 You can sign up to NowTV directly their own website. You will be billed by NowTV and not BT but you will have to watch via the NowTV app and not the Youview EPG.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Nigel,

Sorry for late reply, been a bit busy.

I've played about and looked on the web etc and now understand your suggested solution. I'm no tech genius!!!!!

Just deciding which Now TV sport pass to go for to best cover the games I want to watch and not get tied into a recurring payment trap. Basically sign up on the NOWTV website and purchase a pass then sign in via the NOWTV App on the MyTV apps screen. I'll be trying it soon to make sure it works satisfactorily, will let you know.

Cheeers,

Woody.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The daily and weekend passes aren't reoccurring subscriptions so once the paid for period has ended, so will your subscription.

The monthly passes automatically renew but you can activate the pass and then cancel immediately but I'd leave it half an hour or so. If you do this, you might get a retention offer for the following month or couple of months. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hello Nigel,

Just a quick reply to wrap the thread up.

I signed up for a day pass and also upgraded to HD. All worked perfectly, the same can't be said for the football match result - we got "gubbed". Signed up for another day pass for the second leg tonight, just hope we can redeem ourselves.

Adding the HD option meant the game could be watched on 3 devices so various members of the family made use of the facility which was a bonus.

The only oddity noted was that the video stream appears to be a minute or so behind the actual proceedings.

I was getting goal alerts through on my smart phone before the goals were scored on the telly..!!!!

Shame BT didn't want the revenue but C'est la vie. Many thanks for the assistance provided by yourself and the BT Community.👍

Cheers,Martin. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Deleted

0 Ratings