cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillericayWoody
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Additional Box - Purchased content available on the wrong box

I have had a UHD box (G5) for over a year and recently decided to take out an additional box subscription so that I could use my old G4 box elsewhere in the house.

My primary BT YouView box is the G5 and it was on this box I watched, no I mean, my Grandchildren watched most of our purchased content . Following activation of the additional box service I installed the G4.  Not sure what happened but my purchased content is now only viewable on the G4 box despite most content being purchased on the G5 box.

I need to switch purchased content back to the G5 box.

I have reset BT Vision data on the G5 box...... waited 48 hours no change.

I have spoken to India call centre who suggested switch lan ports between boxes .......... wasnt convinced about this but went ahead anyway.

Still no change and dreaded BTP230 error message everytime I try to watch purchased content on G5.   

Content is still available on G4 box.   I understand purchased content can only be watched on the box it was purchased from so do not understand why it has switched location.

Any suggestions, help please ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Additional Box - Purchased content available on the wrong box

I believe that one scenario whereby your purchases would appear on a different Youview box to that originally purchased is this 

What happens to my purchases if I get a new set top box?

Don’t worry, we’ll make sure that any films you have purchased will get transferred to your new box. Once you’ve connected your new box, they will appear automatically in the ‘Purchases’ section of the BT TV menu within 72 hours.

So for example if your second box was connected prior to your Extra Box subscription being fully implemented it is I suspect possible that it would be considered as replacing  your then existing box and the transfer of your purchase content occurred .

As i don’t have the Extra box service myself I can only speculate rather than speak from experience here.

BillericayWoody
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

tks for this .

I guess it is possible, although the G5 was never disconnected physically from the network I did switch router off while making network changes at home and adding the G4. Possibly the BT system saw the G4 before the G5 and assumed switch of G5 to G4 box.

It might be worth me taking G4 off-line re-initialising G5 and then adding G4 at a later date.  Will try this weekend and update results here....... unless any other suggestions from others  tks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@BillericayWoody Post back to let us know how you get on with that, if you need any further help we'll raise this with our BT TV experts to see if they can move the purchased content back. 

0 Ratings