cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magpie03
Expert
Message 1 of 11

Advice on the new sport options

Right I will start by saying I don't have any tv package at the minute, what I do have is bt infinty option 2. What I'm wanting to know is what I need to do to get the free bt sport channels that I see advertised on the tv loads as it says free for broadband customers.

Any help would be great!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Advice on the new sport options

This page pretty much sums up your three options.

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

(1) Watch it on a PC, tablet or smartphone.

(2) Watch it on your TV via an existing Sky box.

(3) Sign up for one of the BT Vision packages and watch it on your TV via a new BT Vision+ or Youview box.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Be aware that the online bundle builder won't let you choose the Extra channels and BT Sport with a Youview box as the Extra channels are not yet available on Youview. If you want Sky Sports 1 & 2 then you will get the Vision+ box, so it might be worth ringing them if you only want the YV box BT Sports with Extra channels.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 4 of 11

So I will get it for free on laptop or smartphone as long as I have bt infinity?
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Any BT Broadband product will give you free access to the streaming service. The advert on BT Sport webste states: On our app or online player All you need is BT Broadband and your My BT login.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Well that's good then that I won't need a bt tv package to get the streaming for free!
Still unsure of whether to get the bt tv package or not though 😕
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

It is but wouldn't you want to watch it in stunning HD on a big screenMan Happy If you only want BT Sports I would order the YV box, if you want the Extra chans. wait for the Youview option to be available as the box is better than the Vision+ box.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Well yeah that would be better, so the vision box would be best for sports only(Is that HD sports)
But waiting for the youview box might be better then!
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Both will get bt sports but the better box all round is the YV one, , the YV box will be getting a firmware update soon in time for 1st August to allow the sports streaming. Only if you order Sky Sports 1 & 2 will you be given the Vision+ box as the YV box isn't allowed to show it.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 10 of 11

See I think they are making it quite confusing, especially in what kind of box to get!
0 Ratings