Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FraHughes
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Airplay Issues

Go to solution
I have a Samsung smart tv which recently underwent a firmware update so it now has Apple TV built in. So I have tried using the airplay feature to allow me to view BT Sport content on my tv. Any content from the catch up section of the BT Sport app can be viewed without any issues at all. I can also view live content on my iPhone without any issues. However when I try to view live content using the airplay feature, I get a spinning loading wheel on my tv and an error message on my phone stating that there has been an error VC011. I have followed all instructions online with no joy thus far. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Airplay Issues

Go to solution
Just to say I had a quick look using IPad and samsung tv and experienced similar results. That is to say iPad bt sport app successfully airplay catch Video to Samsung TV but errors when playing live sport. Tried both live AFL and Live WTA. So probably not an issue with local setup.
There is an alternative on the Samsung TV to use its own BT Sport app for live sports channel viewing.
GarethW
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I can Airplay live channels to my Apple TV, if that helps you rule out a few possibilities, i.e. probably not a problem with the app.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Are you using Samsung Tv @GarethW   Or simply an Apple TV box. The Samsung Apple TV update has I believe only been rolled out or switched on recently. Samsung/Apple say Airplay should be available 

BUT

As I understand it the AirPlay is working for the catch-up content but not the live  content from the IOS BT Sport app.

Simple question for BT is really  should it work  and is it working for some but not others ?

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Sorry, for unnecessarily adding confusion.

No Samsung TV. I was only confirming that the problem was between the BT app and Samsung.

Have you found problems with any other apps? Can you stream live BBC channels from iPlayer etc?

I won’t be of any help, I’m just interested from an Apple point to view 🤣
0 Ratings
FraHughes
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Never realised there had been a BT Sport app launched for Samsung TVs, as been using a chrome cast for a few years, just got out of the habit of checking. Thanks a lot!
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Oops, I did know that 🤣

I have an LG TV and so get to enjoy these things only turning up on Samsung; even Airplay is only going to be on top of the range 2019 LGs 🙄
0 Ratings