cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Alternative Sport Commentaries and Sound Options

Sometime i find the commentary provided on sports broadcasts to be irritating rather than complementing the sports action . Some broadcasters offer a commentary free ambient sound option, is this something that BT Sport and BT Tv could consider offering.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Alternative Sport Commentaries and Sound Options

The only UK broadcaster that does that is BBC - and that is only when the match is live on BBC-tv and BBC Radio at the same time.

If it was available then I would use it an any commentary that features either Martin Tyler or Glenn Hoddle.

@zulu17wrote:

Sometime i find the commentary provided on sports broadcasts to be irritating rather than complementing the sports action . Some broadcasters offer a commentary free ambient sound option, is this something that BT Sport and BT Tv could consider offering.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Last season BT Sport and Sky had the option for most games to either have fake crowd noise or the sound direct from the ground but both options had commentary. But now the fans are back in, you can't remove the sound they make. As far as I know there's never been an option for no commentary

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Amazon Prime video offered the option of stadium sound only without commentary during their Premier League coverage in its first season. This was then amended to the option of fake crowd noise or stadium sound only during the pandemic, but these both had commentary. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Cutting out the commentary on the rugby union games would certainly be welcomed. I would much prefer to hear the refs microphone than the incessant wittering of the commentary team. And why do they need four commentators per match? Surely room to save money there.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If you have 5.1 kit you can mute the centre channel which has the commentary on it - but it may mute the ref too.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I sometimes listen to the radio commentary while watching sports but that usually needs some chase-playing to sync up the two.

Main example is listening to TMS while watching the test cricket.