cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Amazon Fire Tablet - BT Sport

Hello all,

I note from previous discussions that the BT Sport app is not available on Amazon tablets as of yet...

Is anyone aware of a timescale and or any changes to this??

I now have the app on my Fire TV, however the use of the app when out and about is a main reason I use my tablet.

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Amazon Fire Tablet - BT Sport

There are currently no plans to offer the BT Sport app on Amazon Fire tablets.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I've just purchased an Amazon fire HD tablet.

As it runs a version of Android, is there anyway BT sport can make available the download package so that users could install it themselves? 

The Amazon fire tablet is incredibly popular so it is a shame that the BT sport app is not currently available. All other major streaming platforms are available on the tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Offering the app package for manual download isn't an option I'm afraid.
Other users have chosen to install Google Play Store on their Amazon device, however this isn't something that we can support. You do so at your own risk.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

OK, so I raised this topic with the team again this morning.

The last time we checked was a couple of years ago, and the experience just wasn't great - they didn't have enough power to run some of the features of the app (e.g. the enhanced player was very slow).

I've raised a story for us to take another look in the coming days/weeks, and see if there's a way we can either provide some of the features to all Amazon devices, and/or all of the features to some Amazon devices.

I can't make any promises that we'll definitely deliver, or when it'd be. I'll update here when I know more.

Message 6 of 6

This is fantastic news! Thank you for reviewing!

0 Ratings