cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windmill1
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Amazon Firestick login

Hi, getting code ZJ900. Followed the guide on BT that mentions being account holder which is set but still no access via Firestick and get the same code. All I can see is I have 2 accounts both set as account holder. Frustrating when paid to watch champions league and can’t get access.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Adz3
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

BT Sport App on Roku

Since BT sport App had been released on the NOW TV Stick, which is powered by Roku, when will there be a BT Sport App out for Roku Devices?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 14

Re: Amazon Firestick login

Hi @Windmill1,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems watching BT Sport online. When you say you have two accounts in your MyBT, are both those accounts active?

How do you get your BT Sport, is it part of your BT Mobile package or is it with BT TV or BT Sport Monthly pass?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Windmill1
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Hi, 

we have a BT Sport Monthly pass. When I registered my email address was recognised as a BT previous account holder from a previous phone/broadband account. Not sure how but I now have two accounts both shown as “account holders”.

We managed to log on and watch on my iPad no problem. Also have a samsung smart tv which works but buffers. Thought my Firestick would work better on my tv but cannot get through the login.

thanks

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Windmill1,

Thank you for posting back. I've had a look at BT Sport Monthly Pass, it says -

"Which devices can I watch BT Sport Monthly Pass

The BT Sport Monthly Pass allows you to watch through the BT Sport app on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, NOW TV devices, and Sony PlayStation 4. You can also watch online at sport.bt.com

Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick or a set-top box from any TV provider. This includes BT, Sky and Virgin."

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Windmill1
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Hi,

I assume you need to be a full subscriber to BT to be able to use the Firestick “BT Sport App”?

We have an Xbox one so will attempt to use this option. 

Thanks for responding.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

If you can get BT Sport on your iPad, then should your Samsung TV have built-in Chromecast, you're good to go. Alternatively, you can buy a Chromecast dongle relatively easily and fairly cheaply.

Apple TV is another method using their version dongle.

Depending upon how old your TV is, one or both the above are very likely to be built-in.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 14

@Windmill1 You're trying to use the BT TV app - for this, you need to be a BT TV subscriber. You cannot use a BT Sport login for the BT TV app, which is why you're seeing error ZJ900.

We don't currently have a BT Sport app available for the Amazon Fire Stick, but it should be coming very soon.

If you're experiencing frequent buffering with your Samsung Smart TV then I would expect the Fire Stick to perform similarly as it would be using the same internet connection. If you're able to connect your TV to your router with a cable, this would perform better. Alternatively, you may need to move your router of get a WiFi extender to improve the signal.

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

"We don't currently have a BT Sport app available for the Amazon Fire Stick, but it should be coming very soon."

Will it be coming to Roku devices as well?

It just seems very strange to have made it available on NowTV devices which are essentially cut-down versions of Roku devices, but not make it available on Roku devices themselves!  It would be like offering 5.1 surround sound and Dolby Atmos on SD content but only mono sound on the HD and 4K channels!

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Re: BT Sport App on Roku

I would like to know that as well...

0 Ratings