cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supersub14
Message 1 of 2

Android BT Sport app channels will not "live" stream on Chromecast. Video clips work fine...

Ive just purchased Chromecast and im not able to watch the live streamed BT sport channels through my tv? 

I can, however, cast all the video clips from the bt sport app homepage on my TV ok.  I have no problems with any other apps like youtube or the bbc iplayer as they seem to work fine.  My issue only seems to be with the Live BT Sport Channels.

I have Chromecast version 22062 and bt home hub 2.0 - there is no smart setup option on this hub so i have changed the wireless channel to "channel 11" instead of "automatic channel" (as advised on another thread i seen), but it still doesnt work?

I have tried to stream it from my HTC one M8 and also from my Samsung Tab 4 but i get the same problem on both devices.  The error message i get on both devices is "FAILED TO LOAD VIDEO"

The error message i get on my TV is "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED.  IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO PLAY THE REQUESTED CONTENT.  PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

The BT Sport stream works perfectly on the Android devices until i try to "cast" it to the TV then the above messages appear. 

The TV, BT Hub 2.0, Chromecast, & Android devices are all within a metre of each other so definately getting a good Wi-Fi signal.

Can someone please help???  Im at my wits end.....

Thanks John

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Android BT Sport app channels will not "live" stream on Chromecast. Video clips work

No solution to your problem but I can cast  the live stream on Chromecast  version 22062 and bt home hub 5 from a HTC one M8 .

there was a thread about Home Hub 2 & Chromecast recently -

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Chromecast-on-BT-Home-Hub-2/td-p/1423381

0 Ratings