Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tonymc
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Another No BT Sport on Box Problem

Go to solution

Hi,

Similar to a few other recent posts, having recently taken the BT Sport Package, I was told I could be able to view them through channels 408 up on my BT Box.

I can see the channels in the guide, but when I select one of them, I get the message "Channel Unavailable. There is a problem receiving this channel.Check BB connection, cables and any power lines adaptors, then try restarting router".

Seeing as I am currently able to watch all other TV through the BT Box, I can discount the BB Connection, Cables and Powerline Adaptors. Have restarted the router, and still no joy.

Has anyone else overcome this problem?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Another No BT Sport on Box Problem

Go to solution

Hi @tonymc,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems viewing the sports channels. I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email withn your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David - I did send a message via the Contact the Mods link - not sure if you have seen it yet.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @tonymc,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're a little busier than usual but we have your email and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

No problem David - thanks for letting me know.

0 Ratings
terky
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi

I pay for bt sport. I used to 'chromecast' it onto my tv from my phone however I can no longer do this.

I would like to have the BT sport channel on my you view box, however it is not listed at all. Please could you e-mail me as well?

Tim

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Well, the cause of the problem appears to have been established. Following several calls with BT and the Technical gurus, I have been told that as the line from the exchange does not have the capacity, I cannot watch BT Sport via the BT Box. It appears that there have been several instances of this happening, when the system should have flagged that BT Sport was not available.

The mystery deepened when I received an e-mail earlier this evening me telling me my BT Sport account was being cancelled. When I spoke with BT, I was told that it had been cancelled due to the aforementioned issues with the copper cable. When the BT Digital Care team called me, I was told that the account had been cancelled with a view to re-starting it to see if this would get it working, but then the system would not let it be set up due to the line speeds.

I was offered the option to upgrade to BT Infinity (at another £14/month), or to pay for BT Sport so that I could receive it via the app. However, as far as I can see, my contract with BT included for BT Sport - when I was being reeled in at my renewal, this was offered free with no mention of it being tied in with TV only, so technically I suspect BT are in breach of contract.

I have BT Digital Care calling me back on Monday, but it does seem a bit shambolic when BT themselves cannot get the packages that I can receive correct!!!

tonymc
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Things look as if they are partially resolved. After cancelling BT Sport so I was unable to watch even on my iPad through the app, Elaine from the Digital Care Team called me today to tell me that she has added the BT Sport pack back to my account, free of charge, so that I can at least watch it via the app now.

Big thanks to Elaine for sorting this out for me.

0 Ratings