cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Invicta
Message 1 of 2

App Extra and recordings

Hello,

I’m looking to switch to BT tv but am not clear what functionality I can get for a multi room setup using the App Extra. 

Can I setup the app extra on a fire stick in room 2 and access recorded programs that are on my box in room 1?

Also, for cabling reasons in room 1, the tv will not have access to an aerial point  (the aerial comes into one side of the room and the tv is on the other - there is no easy way to extend the aerial cable) . Is the only solution available to me to watch tv in room 1 to use the App Extra? Can I access all channels via the app?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: App Extra and recordings

Hi @Invicta 

The STB has to have an aerial connection in order to receive the Freeview channels, BT only supply the subscription channels via the internet.

The BT TV App is the same ie it only allows live viewing of subscription channels, the 'Extra' version just allows an additional two devices and the ability to download to your device. I don't think that you can run the app from a fire stick either. I'm  also fairly certain that you can't access recordings on your box from another room.

Just looking a one room for a minute, if you can't connect an aerial it's going to be a problem, unless you consider Freesat but that's another box and more cabling, switching inputs....

0 Ratings