Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Apparent contradiction

Hi,

There appears to be a contradiction about the terms for BT customers to get BT Sport via Sky ?

From the BT sport website it states :-

"BT customers with the Sky Digital Satellite Platform

Just add BT Sport to the Sky Digital Satellite Platform for FREE.

This will start a new 12-month contract of your current BT Broadband package."

Lower down it then states :-

"If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. "

So does it start a new contract or will my existing 18 month package continue with no extra chage for BT Sport ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Apparent contradiction

I signed up for BT Sports free on Sky last week. My current Broadband contract ends this July, before the start of BT Sports. I was not asked to set up a new Broadband contract. I have today received a letter (although I requested an email which I have not had) and the letter states I will get BT Sports on Sky free until 31st July 2014 "as long as you've got a BT Broadband contract. You'll still get the discount after that - as long as you sign a new broadband contract when your current contract stops. If you cancel your contract, you'll need to pay the standard monthly price for the BT Sport pack."

So if you are currently in contract you are OK>

Peter
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi peterwt,

Many thanks for your response.  I'm still very nervous as past experience tells me BT get this sort of thing wrong very often.

Only back in January I agreed a new package.  They billed me correctly in Feb and March and then in April they calimed they had no record of it.  Unfortunately I disposed of the call log after I had the correct bills.  In fairness I have to say that, after quite a bit of hassle, the young lady came up with an even better deal.  An 18 month deal I cannot afford to lose !

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Have a look at the first question in the bottom half of this page. Getting BT Sport boils down to requiring at least 12 months BB contract, unless you are content to access it from the internet only. So all you need to do is order it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings