cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Apple TV 4k(2021) BT Sport App

We believe all the required workarounds have been made to our test system, and we're currently putting together test content to prove that it works.  Once it's proven, we should then be able to set a date for deployment to our production systems. I'll update when I know more.

Message 12 of 26

Testing was completed yesterday and confirmed to work as we hoped ... now to agree a date that it can be enabled in our production environment. We have an incredibly busy few weeks coming up with big football and cricket events, so I'm really hoping it can be scheduled in the next few days before things get really locked down. As always, I'll update when I know more.
Message 13 of 26

We finally have a date for deployment - Feb 14th. Happy Valentines day!
Based on the current schedule, that means the first event that will likely be Atmos enabled will be either on the evening of the 17th or lunchtime on the 19th.
I'll confirm here as soon as it's turned on.
Message 14 of 26

The deployment happened yesterday as planned and has been confirmed to work as expected.
Atmos will be enabled on Apple TV tonight for the Sporting CP v Manchester City event starting at 7pm.
We'll closely monitor it to make sure everything is as expected, and hopefully leave Atmos turned on permanently.
Message 15 of 26

Yay! We have Atmos back.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Re: BT Sport Ultimate: Dolby Atmos Sound Error via Apple TV 4K

Anyone getting issues on the Ultimate stream. Apple TV 4K. Sound goes from Atmos to 5.1 or stereo and then when it comes back from the adverts there is no sound. I have to quit and reload the app. Seems like an issue when the audio switches from Atmos to 5.1 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Not heard any other reports of it @arsalan1 but I've asked the dev lead if there are any known causes.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

We had an issue like this last year @arsalan1 but it was fixed, and we've confirmed that the fix is still in place. We've not had any other reports so far of the audio cutting out. Can you please let us know if it happens again?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Hi Darren, yeah sure, to be fair it only happened twice. I checked my Sonos and when it went to BT Sport Ultimate the sound was in Dolby Atmos, then on the adverts it switched to stereo I think which is still fine…

As soon as it came back from the adverts there was no sound. I checked my Sonos and it was Dolby Atmos being outputted.

I checked my Sonos too when the sound worked when it came back from the adverts to BT Sport Ultimate and the sound was Multichannel 5.1. So I think it must have been an issue when it was switching between stereo and Atmos so the app decided it will switch to 5.1 to prevent the sound going out.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Hi Darren it happened again last night (Chelsea vs Lille). It went to an advert at half time and then as soon as it came back to BT Sport Ultimate there was no sound at all. I had to quit the app and load it up again. Also throughout the night when it went to adverts and then back again the sound when hiccup and then come back. Seems like there’s an issue switching from Dolby Atmos to Stereo PCM and back.

0 Ratings