cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Apple TV App asking for more money?

I have the new BT TV app on my Apple TV (Beta 12) but when I try to log in it says I do not have enough of a package to use this app. I already have Max (I think) and UHD.

Then I cannot find what it is asking for in my online account information (it is never easy at the best of times).

It is no real biggy as I will delete it if more money is required and stick to the BT Box. Just handy in one place if it works.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Apple TV App asking for more money?

Do you have an Apple TV that is at normal release level as loading Apple beta software may be a cause of unexpected results ?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

@400

Have you subscribed to TV App Extra? I have the latest Apple beta and it runs fine

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

@zulu17 It seems to be an account thing when I try to log in. But nope. One Apple TV.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

@Dean007No, I assumed it was an app to allow me to access my allowed content through BT, if the "Extra" is extra then  not going to do that however where is that on the account so I can see what it is?

Edit. I can see a paid version and a non paid version. On the apple TV I want the unpaid version.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

@400

I believe that the large screen experience is only for those who subscribe to the Extra app. Currently there is a charge for this but some customers may get the App for free later in the year, see the link below. . 

The Standard free app, allows access to your purchased content on two devices

The Extra App, offers you the large screen experience, register 4 devices and download purchased content.

You can read morre via the link below

BT TV APP Extra

Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks, read that before posting. I think I am reading something into this app that it does not do and confused myself.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

@400

What were you hoping it could do? Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Just to use it to acces BT TV (that I already pay for so have an account etc. Max and UHD) through the Apple TV. 

Thing is, the App pops up on Apple TV with a description of the App that says what I liked to hear for functionality.

Usually an Apple TV device is where the BT box is (I assume), I think incorrectly one box does the lot. Great.

However I apreciate it (iOS) is for mobile devices and Apple TV is iOS and another bit of recent digging seems to indicate that iOS Apps cannot differenciate apple TV from ipad on the store, meaning iOS gets it across the range. I think, though that seems to be incorrect or I would have more games available. 

Wonder how that all integrates for a developer?

Oh well, as a great sage once said "onwards and upwards Rodney"

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

@400

Apple do want one app does all, but its not always as easy as that. The large screen experience on Apple TV works well, and I found myself using it more than my set top box Smiley LOL I can use the apple TV remove on my phone rather than the BT TV Remote...

In regards to the App Extra, if you have been notified of the recent price increases from Sept 2018 you may get the Extra App for free. BT will contact those who get should get the app xloser to the time. 

0 Ratings