cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Apple TV Still OOS

Go to solution

Still getting the audio going way out-of-sync when it cuts from the inserted ads, back to the stream of the channel, either in enhanced or standard, on Apple TV 4K. Is this issue going to be resolved any time soon?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Apple TV Still OOS

Go to solution

I get this  OOS only with Sky Sports live matches via the Now TV app after the half time adverts .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. The issue is with tvOS, and has been raised with Apple. We were hoping that the tvOS 16 update would fix it, but it appears not.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

How can it be something you're unable to address?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Think of the app as just a series of instructions that we send to the hardware. We tell it where to get the video and audio, and it goes and plays it. We can't even tell that it's OOS.
Apple write the software that we're sending the instructions to - it's their job to make sure it works properly and that the video and audio streams stay in sync.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

And they're being difficult in addressing this? (Im trying to understand is all, not having a go)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
It's not a case of being difficult or not - they have providers from all over the world raising bugs with them. They control their own prioritisation internally. We have no view of when (if ever) they'll fix the bugs we raise.
If this bug only affects BT Sport, and maybe only 5% of users, 5% of the time, it's never going to be important enough for them to fix.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Is there anything that can be done on the user-end to mitigate this? Its becoming really intrusive and unpleasant as an experience.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

OK, so we've received some good news this morning* that the iOS / tvOS 16.1 update released yesterday has apparently fixed this issue!

*directly from Apple - I think the first time a bug we've raised has actually been acknowledged and fixed?

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

oooooo, I look forward to this.

Just had a look at 9to5mac and they're saying its release is Monday, so i'll be on that sharpish. Thanks alot

0 Ratings