cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattsteveal
Message 1 of 7

Ashes Highlights BT Sport App

Go to solution
I'd like to watch the Ashes tests highlights and am confused with some online reports saying highlights will be free to watch on the BT Sport App but the BT site says I need a BT sport subscription to use the app, Do I?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ashes Highlights BT Sport App

Go to solution

I have a subscription and I just logged out of the app to find out if I could watch and found that I was unable to watch the highlights. The same applies on the BT Sport website. I think I remember reading somewhere that access will be free to non subscribers to watch the highlights after 7pm. Give it another go then.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, the highlights were on the web site from 7pm.  What an insult though, a mere 8 minutes.  Even Sky did better than that last time with an hour on Freeview!  Not impressed.

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I agree, a mere 8 minutes is outrageous, and not being on Freeview would mean that many pensioners without Broadband will only get to see clips on the news. I wonder if there will be a re-think on this.

0 Ratings
wenthen
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you have an EE mobile contract (EE now owned BT) you can watch on a MOBILE device for free, setup a BT account and load the BT sport App & off you go.
The App is 'interesting' with loads of videos hidden all over the place, so you just have to work through it; you may find an extended cricket higlight video somewhere.

Blessings

V Wenthen

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I’ve had the app since the first day that BT Sport started and it just keeps getting better and better. It will also be in HD from January onwards. For the Ashes you can watch live with the enhanced player which allows you to go back to watch anything again as you please. You can then watch the entire day’s play from any day again with the same options. You then have a choice of long highlights, short highlights or catch up highlights. Indeed you can watch anything over and over again as you wish. Similar options are available for most other sports that BT Sport has rights to.

As for highlights of the Ashes for non subscribers, I think they are entitled to feel very disappointed with what’s being offered to them. Lots of people didn’t seem to realise that BT Sport had the rights to the Ashes this winter as part of their 5 year contract with Cricket Australia which started last year, but was signed in 2015, There have been lots of angry Sky Sports subscribers on social media. I wonder if BT will have a re-think about offering more than 8 minute highlights online or on the app for non subscribers.

0 Ratings
Mattsteveal
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
As a virgin media and three mobile customer there is no way for me to use the app other than the free videos, I did see the so called highlights and was deeply disappointed, why can't they run it like nowtv so you can pay for just the app?
0 Ratings