Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 34

Re: Audio Cut Out on BT Sport HD Channels

Hi all,

Had the same problem with sound breaking up on my G4 box during Man City match.  Tried changing from surround sound to stereo and issue still there.  But if I switched channel the problem disappeard for a short time.  It could be happening on other HD channels but on Saturaday I spend most of my time on BT Sport. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 32 of 34

Dave123 - do you have an Onkyo A/V receiver? If so, see this post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Intermittent-sound-issue/m-p/1247443#M11477

It appears there is an intermittent compatibility issue between the Humax YouView STB and Onkyo receivers. A simple workaround is to use an S/PDIF optical cable if you have a spare S/PDIF input on your receiver (they are assignable on most Onkyo A/V receivers).

0 Ratings
JoeByrne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 34

I now seem to have this problem. Every 60 seconds I get a slight pause in sound. Tried playing with sound options does not seem to make any difference. BT have done a good job competing with SKY but they really need to sort these technical issues out. I suffered for months with 416 channel freeze issue, I now have this problem as well as random box freezes, never mind the performance of the box in responding to handset commands.

Of course I could report it to the helpdesk but will then be forced to go through the 50 step reset process until I get to some one who has a clue what they are talking about, mind you last time I got a new hub out of it :-). 

0 Ratings
JoeByrne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 34

complete box reboot seems to have cured it for now.

0 Ratings