cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris0109
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

BT App not showing on IPad

I have installed BT Sport on my IPad but since upgrading to ios7 I can't see it. I can open it from the App Store so I know it works but can't find it on the iPad! Any ideas?
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT App not showing on IPad

Hi Chris0109

Can you see it on your list when you plug your ipad into your computer? Wondering if you delete it from there, re-sync your Ipad and then try a re-install if that would work?

Can you let me know if you have tried any steps to re-install, just need to know what steps you have tried before I flag to the product team.

Many Thanks

Jacqui

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chris0109
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Hi Jacqui,

I'm connected to PC now and cannot see BT Sport App. If I go to the App store the only option I have is to 'open' so I can't uninstall and reinstall and no option to delete the app because I can't see it listed, not even in the iPad settings.

I've also tried powering down the IPad whilst the app is open but that didn't work either.

Cheers,

Chris 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Ok thanks for the information,  I will flag to the product team and see if they have any advice on how to deal, do wonder if this is an apple issue, but very hard to know.

Will post back as soon as I have an update.

Many Thanks

Jacqui

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chris0109
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Thanks, could potentially be an Apple issue but it does not affect any other App, only BT Sport........
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi Chris0109

I have spoken to our product/technical contact for the app and they have responded with the below advice, I know you say you have already tried the power off function but might be worth another go? the product/technical team believe this is an issue with the update to IOS7 rather than the sport app.

The team have also said that other users on the apple community are experiencing similar issues after the update to IOS7, but with other apps, not BTSport.

If the user tries swiping down on their screen to bring up the spotlight search and searches for BTSport I’m sure they will find the app there, however this does not show where it exists on the device.

I’d suggest the user then tries a reset of their device by holding down the power button until the slide to power off button appears. Once powered off they should switch back on and this should hopefully then show the app. 

Thanks

Jacqui

BTCare Community Mod

0 Ratings
Chris0109
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

This did start with the iOS7 update so no doubt it is related but whether it is App related in terms of interoperability with iOS7 or an actual iOS7 issue who knows.....

I have tried all of the above numerous times and whilst the App does show in spotlight it will not reappear in the main listings.

Have BT been able to reproduce this issue in testing? If they think it is iOS7 related then they should be able to reproduce and take it up with Apple?

Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 19

Hi have you restricted access in the settings?
0 Ratings
Chris0109
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

The App doesn't show in my settings.....
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 19

OK, I presume you mean its not listed on the left in settings. On the right is the option to "restrict" is this on for the app?
0 Ratings