Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT ID and Sport

Hello

Is it possible to create multiple BT IDs linked to the same broadband account number?

I share my home with three others and would like it to be possible for the others to access BT Sport (not at the same time!).

Also, am I right in assuming if I have BT Sport via Sky, I can still use the online player?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT ID and Sport

I haven't been able to get much sense out of contacting BT via online chat either - nobody seems to know what's going on!

Just wondering if I can make “sub accounts” to access the BT Sport Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

It is possible to set up multiple identities, in fact it's necessary for more than one person to use the BT SmartTalk app on one phone account. I can't see why that wouldn't allow multiple access to BT Sport but we'll find out for sure next week.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your reply - how would I go about setting up these multiple identities?

I would like to try to make one, at least, before I go away on holiday just in case it works.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Click the MyBT tab at the top of this page then the "Sign up" link top right.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

This doesn't look at all promising. I can see a lot of frustration coming my way! Smiley Sad

bts.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Sorry, my guess was wrong. I've logged in to MyBT with a secondary account and find that BT Sport is not included in the extras, so it seems that it's only going to be allowed with the primary account holder's ID. Should have checked before.

It looks as though the primary account holder is going to have to log in for other users, or trust them with the ID.

--
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi Guys,

To use the BT Sport app, you will need the main account holders primary ID. You can register the App on as many devices as you like but you can only have two streams running at the same time. 

Thanks

PaddyB