cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT SPORT AND DISCOVERY + QUESTION

Go to solution

Hello,

I've received an email on behalf of my elderly father about accessing DISCOVERY +  channel  for free because he has a BT Sport package. My father has BT Sport channels  viewed via Sky Satellite and I'm wondering how he can also get this DISCOVERY +  channel viewed via his Sky dish?

I followed the links that BT sent but all this allowed was a set-up to access DISCOVERY+ via an online account on the laptop. No information on how to access this channel via Sky dish.  My father also has NOW TV via a ROKU stick so wondering if he can access DISCOVERY +  via that method?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT SPORT AND DISCOVERY + QUESTION

Go to solution

Hi @HUMBUG1 

I presume the offer is for the Discovery  +  app .
The app is available on many devices so if your fathers  Discovery + account has been set up  then using other devices that have the app  should be possible..

You mention a Roku stick , if on that you download the Discovery+  ( I think Roku refers to the apps as streaming channels) , open it and logon in you will see the various live  channel  streams and on demand content 

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Although the Discovery+ app is available on SkyQ - and Sky also give 12 months free to their top tier subscribers - sport is NOT available on it.

Sky's free subscription does NOT include sport - and if your selected subscription includes sport (like the BT offering) then that is blocked out on the SkyQ app.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

@HUMBUG1wrote:

Hello,

I've received an email on behalf of my elderly father about accessing DISCOVERY +  channel  for free because he has a BT Sport package. My father has BT Sport channels  viewed via Sky Satellite and I'm wondering how he can also get this DISCOVERY +  channel viewed via his Sky dish?

I followed the links that BT sent but all this allowed was a set-up to access DISCOVERY+ via an online account on the laptop. No information on how to access this channel via Sky dish.  My father also has NOW TV via a ROKU stick so wondering if he can access DISCOVERY +  via that method?

Many thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

It looks like even though my father has BT Sport via SKY satellite dish (even though he doesn't have a sky contract - all he gets are the free channels via his sky box and dish , including his BT Sport channels), there doesn't seem to be a 'Discovery +'  channel.

He has the ROKU stick device and can see NOW TV (on subscription)  but I cannot find any way to download the Discovery +  app . It isn't available in the NOW TV App store. 

To be honest , this is all getting too complicated for me to understand. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@HUMBUG1 The NowTV sticks are produced by Roku for NowTV and they have their own app store. As far as I'm aware, they don't have access to Rokus own app/channel store and are effectively locked so you can only access the additional content that Sky/NowTV want you to.

We have actual Roku's and the channel store is huge with thousands of additional channels available.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Discovery+ is an app not a channel. It is only on SkyQ boxes and you need a contract for those.

The Roku store and Now TV app store are two different things.

A search for 'Discovery' in the Roku Channels store will offer you Discovery+ - https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/2b3ca5091591fa3641a431a6af1f3468/discovery-stream-tv-sho...

@HUMBUG1wrote:

It looks like even though my father has BT Sport via SKY satellite dish (even though he doesn't have a sky contract - all he gets are the free channels via his sky box and dish , including his BT Sport channels), there doesn't seem to be a 'Discovery +'  channel.

He has the ROKU stick device and can see NOW TV (on subscription)  but I cannot find any way to download the Discovery +  app . It isn't available in the NOW TV App store. 

To be honest , this is all getting too complicated for me to understand. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.