cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

BT SPORT APP - error code VC019

I have installed the BT Sport app on my Samsung  Smart TV, and logged in successfully, however when trying to access the channels I keep receiving the error code VC019 ..... please help !!!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT SPORT APP - error code VC019

VC019 is unfortunately the generic "the device media player returned an error" code.  The most common cause of error is connection issues though - could you try rebooting your router and your TV (you can reboot the TV by holding down the power button on the remote for a few seconds, or turning the power on and off).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

I have a Samsung qled TV, the app and TV software is all up to date. However, any time I try to watch something on the BT app the VC019 error comes up. I get the feeling BT know this is an issue but can't / won't offer a solution. Is this something you can help fix or not? Because if not I will cancel my subscription. It really isn't good enough from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Does it not play anything at all @Jumbomills or does it play for a bit and then fail?

What does Device Checker show? (Under settings - the cog at the top right).

As I've mentioned VC019 is a catch all error code for anything during playback - this ideally should be changed so we can quickly differentiate between common issues. I can't say if your specific issue is a known one until I know which variant you're experiencing.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm able to stream live TV (just not 4k due to my connection but thats fine). The error occurs when I try to watch anything on catchup, football highlights etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Is it ALL of the non live streams that fail? Full replays, and the short clips? That's a strange one. Could you try rebooting your router please - only 2 reasons I can think of are failure to resolve the host the catch up content comes from, or IP block from the 3rd party that hosts some of our shorter content.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

It's all replays. I have occasionally been able to play some replays but it's very very rare. One I can think of that worked recently was the UFC. Just tried rebooting the WiFi, the problem is still there. Any ideas on how to fix it?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

I'm not at my desk, so I can't check just now ... but send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged in with and I'll see what our logs say this evening.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Hi,

Did you manage to understand the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

I was right in my suspicion that it's specifically just the 3rd party that hosts some of our content. Your TV is failing to connect just to that 1 server, where all others work OK. I can see that the server recognises that you're in the UK, so it's not blocking you - your TV just reports that it's unable to connect to it.
Would you be able to temporarily connect your TV to a mobile phone hotspot (or other wifi network), just long enough to check one of those videos is able to start? This would be just to check whether it's your TV or your broadband at fault here.
0 Ratings