cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibbo
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT SPORT HD on Vision+ box (3 years old)

Hi,

I was persuaded into signing up for BTinfinity on the basis of getting BTsportHD for free for a year.

I wont bore with the length and infuriating details but suffice to say I have been on the phone for approaching 6 hours speaking to over 12 people to try and get access to any BT sport channel in SD or HD.

After a week and a half I am told everything is setup and should be working (but it is not). I was finally put through to a 'technical' person who would help me resolve my issue.

I informed him then upon trying to select the HD channels 510 and 511 they do no exist on my guide and I am unable to navigate to them. I told them I have tried scanning for channels, resetting the box and resetting the router to no avail.

I was informed he would send me a procedure to follow by email that would help me resolve the issue. Here is what they emailed me.

We’ve put together a list of hints and tips to help you get the most out your BT Sport service.
Hi,

How do I get BT Sport?

• Visit our website for advice on getting BT sport on BTV
  • Or enjoy the live action with BT Sport on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform
  • You can also stream the action to your computer, or use the app to watch on your tablet or smartphone.Add the bt sport app and online. (Before you order the BT Sport App you need to create a BT ID. If you don't have a BT ID yet, you can sign up to bt now

Having technical problems or need more help?

• If you have problems using the BT Sport App, there are some useful trouble shooting guides online
  • For further support and help, please visit us at www.bt.com/help/btsport
  • You can also find out more on the BT Sport website at www.btsport.com

This response is ridiculous and after the effort I have put in sitting on queues waiting to talk to people who clearly don't know what they are talking about, I find it offensive.

I believe and have always believe there is a technical issue with the old box and I am unable to receive the HD sport channels with it and now want them to send me a YouView box so at least I have a box that has 21st century capabilities and has a chance of getting the HD channels.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I have given up with BT helping me resolve their problems and have turned to this forum as a last chance saloon for help or advice.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT SPORT HD on Vision+ box (3 years old)

Hi before you signed up for infinity did you already have vision or were you sent a new box when you took infinity as it sounds to me you are on the wrong client build
0 Ratings
sibbo
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I was already a BT vision customer with a Vision+ box (3 years old).

I have repeatedly told BT I believe the problem relates to the box, either in hardware or software but have had no assistance in resolving the problem.

I want them to send me a YouView box in order to sort things out, I will at least have a box that doesn't tie me into BT when I finally can't take any more.

I understand BTSport HD is available with infinity with a YouView box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Does the software version installed on your box include the word "multicast" in the version number?  If not, then it's not going to get the new channels and needs a software upgrade from BT.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 10

3 years old. Is the box silver? 

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Been through much of the pain that others on these pages have outlined. it seems to boil down to me needing the new box that I knew nothing about until a week ago. I have the sillver box bought in 2008. I also have infinity, installed last year to attempt to deal with hideously slow broadband, which is now slightly better as a result. I had a new hub for the infinity but this discussion implies that there should have been a new vision box to go with it- this was never explained at the time. Have I misunderstood something?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 10

The silver box cannot have the software to enable multicast channels. In other words you will need a newer black box with multicast software loaded or downloaded onto it.
0 Ratings
sibbo
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I finally got someone who informed me my box didnt have the right software but would take 7 days due to the fact it removes all recording on device. Even though I have no recordings it was still going to take 7 days. This wasnt acceptable to me as I had spend the last 2 weeks trying to sort it out.

In the end through complaints I have a youview box winging its way by monday. At least I then have a modern box with the right software. The delivery of this only takes 2 days.

As has been said, the silver box is useless for sport and must be changed. I would recommend a youview box personally as it doesnt tie you to bt when your contract is up. I'll let u know if I get sport on monday with the youview box.

0 Ratings
DWL63
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Well that settles it I have a lot of recordings I'd like to keep on my existing box. It's not worth going through all this just to get a service that I can now get on my PC. What irks me is the way that the BT website kept saying I was fine to get BT Sport with my present account, even stopping me from making a fresh order, when I patently haven't been fine. They must be able to establish from my account details what equipment I have and consequently inform me that I would need to make a fresh order. Nevermind that I won't me making that order in the end, I feel misled.

0 Ratings
sibbo
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Whats really gauls me is seeming how much easier it is to get btsport if you are a sky customer or now a virgin media customer. Ive even had 2 bt staff tell me about the facts it available on sky.

After going through an number of phases, angry, confused and frustrated, now im just laughing at the absurdity of bt's handling of their sport offering. So far mr murdoch needn't worry.

0 Ratings