cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT SPORT RANDON RECORDINGS

We have suddenly started getting football matches being recorded which we have not requested, can anyone advises us why this maybe happening and how to stop it. Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT SPORT RANDON RECORDINGS

Check the scheduled timer screen and delete any that should not be there. But then also check that all the timers you do want are still there as they may have been erroneously Series Linked to the ones you don't want.

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Pix1 following on from the sage advice from @gomezz, I'd like to take a look at this for you to see what programmes have had the issue and find out if they were they on BT Sport, Sky or one of the Freeview channels? Broadcasters use specific codes to signal the set top box that the programme is about to start and to start recording if the code matches one that is in the scheduled recording database. It's possible that this code could duplicate an existing / old one either in the box or in the broadcast stream. If you don't mind, could you ping me a private message (just click on my signature to do that) with your set top box serial number so I can see what's happened?

thanks 

David

BT TV expertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 6

@Pix1 sorry, just noticed your email subject specifically said BT Sport! Please do send me details of the serial and any example of the random recording and I'll take that look. Thanks!

David

BT TV expertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

All sorted now, thank you

0 Ratings
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

All soeted now thank you.