Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DAZ2002
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT SPORT and Microsoft Edge

Go to solution

Hey there , BT SPORT is telling me chrome is not supported when i try to watch using Microsoft Edge ( windows 10 ) browser.

Any news of support on this issue ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
DAZ2002
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT SPORT and Microsoft Edge

Go to solution

OK , looked on the net and Microsoft has dropped Silverlight from Microsoft Edge , if you want to watch BT SPORT on windows 10 you have to download another browser.

I hope BT are working on sorting this out , after all i do pay for BT SPORT and i don't want to download another browser.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Well - assuming you upgraded to Windows 10 - your existing applications including your existing internet browsers should still be available - so you don't need to download them again.

I also beleive that Windows 10 is shipped with 2 browsers Edge and Internet Explorer - if you are using Edge then clicking on the the 3 dots  ... in top right hand corner brings up an option to open the current web page in IE.

It is straight forward to change the default browser if you wish.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you hunt around, Internet Explorer should still be hiding somewhere on Windows 10.  Edge is now the default browser, but not the only one.

Alternatively, Firefox still supports Silverlight.

0 Ratings
DAZ2002
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies  , i appreciate you taking the time to reply.

0 Ratings
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
" if you are using Edge then clicking on the the 3 dots ... in top right hand corner brings up an option to open the current web page in IE."

That worked ... thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Boycehunter
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Bt Sport now works fine with Edge browser, try it. 

0 Ratings