Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhumbas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT SPORT and extra channels

Hi

We recently upgraded to fibre broadband . recently my bt sport channel(s) have started to breakup and have become impossible to watch , we also pay for extra via dowload this was working fine until now .. my Tv box will not connect to the internet , I have been using line box adaoptors happely for years without any issues, the problems only started once I have had fibre installed.

the BT box shows the ethernet connected light at the back of the box but cannot connect to the internet message appears.. any way to fix this??

ta

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT SPORT and extra channels

Sounds like the Powerline Adaptors are the problem. BT Sport isn't streamed the same as the On Demand stuff, i-player, Netflix, Youtube etc. So any dip in line speed will cause the picture to break up as you describe. This can be cured easily by connecting the Vision/Youview box to the Home Hub with an ethernet cable, if you can. If you can't then I'm sure somebody here will recommend a suitable pair of Adaptors to use.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT SPORT and extra channels

If you have been using line box adapters 'for years' then they almost certainly won't be AV500 specification which is what you need to prevent breakup.
0 Ratings