cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT SPORTS APP....Can I

I Have Bt SPorts on my TV and have enjoyed it very much.  I now have a job that will take me away from Home to different Parts of the UK and having BT Broadband I also Have the Sports App but when I am in a Hotel I can't connect I just get an error message.......does purchase the 'Sports App' duffer from having on y TV or is it because I am away from Home and picks up a differ IP address?   I just want to watch BT Sport on the App no matter where I happened to be in the UK ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT SPORTS APP....Can I

What error message do you get? The app should work fine over hotel wifi (assuming you've signed in with whatever credentials they need).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reply was actually in my sons house, he lives in Birmingham and I live in Scotland. Few weeks ago trying to stream it via A Chrome Cast but get error, 

Highlander1958_0-1605630831721.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

That error is because you're trying to use Chromecast, but your subscription is for mobile only (via a BT Mobile contract).  You'll be able to watch on your mobile OK with that login, but in order to use a Chromecast device you'll need a full BT Sport subscription.

You say that you have BT Sport on your TV at home. If this is the case, then the app should also let you use Chromecast - it sounds like you need to add your home subscription to your BT ID.  Follow the instructions for the second option shown at https://www.bt.com/help/id003

0 Ratings