cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ucumist
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport 1,2 & 3 will not load on PC browser

It's now been 2 months since I have been able to watch BT Sport 1, 2, & 3 on my PC browser.

In Firefox it goes to error code VC083

In Chrome the quarter circle just keeps spinning.

In Chrome I can load & watch Bt Sport/ESPN and Box Nation. on the PC I can also watch Champions League on Diva & I have full access on my TV so it is not a box or router problem.

Why have I got access to some and not others, it doesn't make sense that BT is using 3 different player formats. It is essenstial for me to have PC access and the contract is not worth having without this.

can anyone throw some light on this. I am still using Windows XP S/P3, is this the issue and if it is why does Diva still work?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport 1,2 & 3 will not load on PC browser

Hi @Ucumist Sorry you are having a problem watching BT Sport on your PC.

Please visit BT Sport errors watching on a computer which contains some useful information on the settings for the browsers. There is also a BT Sport Help Tool link near the bottom of the page which should help you get this fixed. Please check this out and post back to let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Ucumist,

Did you manage to get this sorted? Can you let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Ucumist
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi David & John,

not had a lot of free time to address this problem but back on it now.

Long ago did all the browser settings & gone through your 'errors' routine.

Followed your link to the Help Tool and ran the diagnostics which did not actually diagnose anything (didn't check my OS). What it did say, that needs no diagnosing, is ' Windows PC running Windows 7 or above'. My browser's & Flash versions are good.

So the very question I asked above, where I say that I am using Windows XP s/p3 ended up with me being directed by you to a question & answer page (not diagnostics) that says I have to run Windows 7. Didn't you two know that???

Now the daft bit. If I need W/7 to stream why can I still stream Eurosport, Box Nation & Diva on Chrome.

There must be an immediate answer to this by someone at your end who understands what's going on, without all this DIY referral by non IT moderators.

There are millions of us out here still using Windows XP, why are we being disenfranchised by BT (I have paid you a lot of money for this service) and if I can stream Eurosport what's the technology difference to BT Sport 1.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

BT Sport now uses HTML5, Flash was dropped a couple of months back. You could try googling for a workaround for XP, or better still upgrade to a newer PC. Smiley Wink

Ucumist
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi Hunter, thanks for giving a precise answer.

What, however, I am trying to do is get the moderators to explain this fully & clearly.

I read their other past advice on the same problem and wasn't satisfied with their comments. So I posted my problem clearly stating that I was using XP. I got same reply, 'look at Q&A go to Diagnostics.'

It would appear that BT do not want to openly state on these forums that they have stopped streaming to anyone still using XP. Also I can still watch Box Nation Eurosport & Diva and I wanted them to explain why there is a difference and if so why can't they do the same for Sport 1, 2 & 3.

For many of us out here who work on their PC's changing OS is not a cheap option. I have perfectly good software, that produces commercial results for my work & earnings. It will not load on newer OS & I would have to spend about £6,000 on new software plus new motherboard & memory. It would make better economical sense to ditch BT.

They could direct us to safe HTML5 workaround add-ons although I am reluctant to sod about with iffy 3rd party lash-ups, not got the time.

Look BT I pay my money & honour our contract and at no time when I took this contract out or since have you stated or contacted me to say that you would not be supporting customers who still use XP. Totally unfair, I want some money back.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

The mods here are exellent at getting problems resolved, but I guess they are going to make mistakes with the various upgrades online that they are not informed about. (BT are very good at this. My first generation Hudl is not compatible with the Android app). The move to HTML5 was actually picked up by one of the forum members here, and the fact is Flash is fast being discontinued due to it's ongoing security issues. 

Have you considered purchasing a PCTV Box. We have a Windows 10 PCTV box attached to our 50" TV. Using the dedicated BT Sport app, the quality of picture is surprisingly sharp, crisp and clear. For a little over £100 with a remote control, it may be a better way for XP users to go.

0 Ratings
Ucumist
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Hunter thanks for the input but i have no intention of spending £100 on top of the huge BT bill.

Strangely enough I have just logged in to BT Sport 2 on Chrome and I can watch the Bayern match, it is working fine. Is it only Premier matches that are streamed in HTML5? Come on Mod's please explain what is happening.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 9 of 9

I use an old iPod Touch - five or six years old - to stream BT Sport to the tv via Chromecast and it works OK. It should stream from any smart phone though. Chromecast is £30.

0 Ratings