cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport 1 doesn't work online or on app

as the title says, BT Sport 1 channel does not work on any online devices, including an iPhone, 2 different iPads, a Macbook Air on both Safari or Firefox, and not on a Windows 7 PC on either Internet Explorer or Firefox... basically the page loads but the screen stays blank when you click the play button

all other 3 channels, BT Sport 2, 3 and ESPN, all work fine on all of these devices

any explanation?

just as a side note, Sky Go works flawlessly on all devices, so it's only BT Sport 1 that won't load

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport 1 doesn't work online or on app

Hi,

Please check your DNS settings and ensure you're not using a VPN. This is normally seen when customers change their DNS settings to access non-UK content or use a VPN to achieve the same

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

firstly, we are in the UK so have no need for a VPN or DNS

secondly, if we were using one of these, why would all the other channels work but not BT Sport 1?

right now i'm watching the FA Cup match on BT Sport 2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 8

Apologies,

You misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting you were not in the UK. We normally see this scenario when a customer in the UK have a non-UK DNS or VPN setup (for example: to watch Ameriacn Netflix in UK).

Please can you check your DNS setting on the device you are experiencing the problem with or try you account on a device known to work with BT Sport 1.

You can also copy your DNS address here and i can check for you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

no worries, i understand that it could be a VPN issue if none of the channels were working, but as i said in the original post, BT Sport 1 doesn't work on any device, so i can't check it on another device

like i said originally, all other channels (2, 3 and ESPN) work fine, it's only BT Sport 1... the page loads but the video never starts

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

If all the devices are connected to same wifi, it's most likely the DNS on the Wifi router.

Can you check the DNS address and copy it here and also try not connected to the wifi please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

can you explain how to get the DNS from the router? cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

You can check your DNS is set up correctly by running the following commands in either a CMD (windows) or Temrinal (mac)

nslookup t2-btsport-live-hls-prod.akamaized.net

nslookup t1-btsport-live-hls-prod.akamaized.net

Please send me the results in a private message

Can you also please confirm if you are only seeing this problem connected to wifi or on the mbile networks also?

De'John

0 Ratings