cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejjewson
Message 11 of 19

BT sport app airplay failure Apple TV

Tried airplaying the Wasps v Newcastle game tonight from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV. No luck on BT Sport 1 - no icon, mirroring not allowed, and the control panel/bar work around only sent sound to the Apple TV. But the other BT channels did have the airplay icon and it worked fine. I think the different channels were using different players - I know the Champions League games have an 'enhanced player' when watching on a computer. Why is there no airplay functionality with this different player when the BT sport site says it should work?

Updated iOS and BT sport app but same problem.
0 Ratings
ejjewson
Message 12 of 19

Re: BT Sport 1 - no Airplay

Same problem, no workaround for me. Full subscription, all software updated on all relevant devices/apps
0 Ratings
ejjewson
Message 13 of 19

Re: BT sport app airplay failure Apple TV

Apologies for starting another thread on this, but the others all seem to have at least one poster with a workaround for them. I have none and wanted to make that clear. Ta
0 Ratings
Andy___H
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

I'm on BTSport online only as the BT Broadband speed ain't fast enough to get it streamed via the BT set top box. 

I did upgrade the iPad in the end, no joy with the rugby. Did try iPhone also which was already at all the highest levels and no joy there either. 

Will have to wait for the next footie or rugby game which offers enhanced player and see what happens. 

0 Ratings
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

Zulu17, yes my subscription allows Airplay. I am watching the Big Bash on the big screen now and as I said in my original post I could stream the other channels last night.
Thanks for your efforts, but hopefully a one-off enhanced player issue, that obviously affected others too. Happy New Year!
0 Ratings
Michaell1
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

Tried to watch BT sport 1 via airplay/Apple TV, but airplay icon no longer showing since this week app update only mirrorairplay which we all know will not work. Anyone know how to fix this? Or do we have to wait for but to solve? Not a good time as its New Year's Eve!!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting. Does Can I stream the BT Sport channels from the BT Sport App to my TV? help.

In partivular 'You can't use Chromecast or Apple TV with the BT Sport App if you're a BT Mobile customer without BT Broadband or BT Sport on Sky.'

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ejjewson
Message 18 of 19

Full subscription, has always worked and worked for other channels and the same channel once the program ended and the enhanced player gave way to the standard one
0 Ratings
Highlighted
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

David, thanks for your response, but as I tried to make clear in my previous posts I have no problem with using Airplay from the BT Sport app on my iPhone or iPad EXCEPT for this particular instance with this specific rugby match on BT Sport 1. Even at the time, I could still use Airplay on the other channels, and have had no issues with th enhanced/standard player choice since.

As others were also affected, I don't think this was anything to do with my subscription or setup, but some sort of glitch with the enhanced/standard player on that game. Doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of it 🙂

0 Ratings