cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

BT Sport 1 - no Airplay

I am trying to stream the rugby on BT Sport 1 via my Apple TV, but it is opening in an enhanced player, with no Airplay icon or option that I can see (on an iPad and iPhone).
The other channels are giving me the option to stream, so the app is detecting my Apple TV.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Sport 1 - no Airplay

The enhanced player will not Airplay but the standard player will . Only some programs  use the enhanced player. I believe the BT Sport App should give you the option of watching with the standard player or the enhanced pplayer if it detects an Airplay or casting device. Are you not getting that option ?

0 Ratings
Andy___H
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Same issue here, goes straight in to Enhanced Player and no option of Standard Player!! Hope this is a one off mistake in the part of BTSport techies, and it won't be the norm. Kinda defeats the point of streaming the app.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Andy___H
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

And what is annoying is when I do it in this order:

- Close app on iPad

- Set iPad to airplay to AppleTV

- Start iPad

- Choose BTSport 1 and the rugby

- Enhanced player opens directly, with picture on iPad and sound on AppleTV!

I'm guessing someone hard coded something on BTSport 1 where enhanced player is available it won't stream to AppleTV. Mistake I assume, or is this now the norm!?!?

0 Ratings
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

No, not getting the usual option to chose between Standard and Enhanced - channel 1 just opening straight in Enhanced, so no Airplay option.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

well i've just launched Bt Sport App on Ipad Air and got the expected option to opt for Enhanced or Standard player  , choose Standard player and am now successfully airplaying to Apple Tv 3.

using Bt Sport App version 3.5.1

IPad IOS 10.2

Apple TV s/w 7.2.2

0 Ratings
Andy___H
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I'm on a lower IOS, will upgrade and try again, hopefully before the game finishes!

0 Ratings
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Can I come round your's to watch it then, because it still isn't working for me on either device.... I have restarted both the app and the devices and no change.
0 Ratings
dartingstall
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

I am on IOS 10.2 on the phone, by the way (9. something on iPad - it's an old one), 3.5.1 BT app and Apple TV 6.2.1

If I open one of the other channels (standard player, Airplay icon available) and change the channel to 1 from there, I do get the Enhanced/Standard dialogue box, but when I open in standard theAirplay icon isn't there. Most strange 🙂

Given up and watching the darts on the opposition channel....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 19

Some Bt Sport App subscriptions do not allow casting/airplay - did you get your subscription via your mobile contract or via your Bt Broadband/BT TV/BT Sport contract ?

0 Ratings