cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 21 of 42

Re: BT Sport 4K hdr and 4K on devices question

Some issues have arisen but we're working really hard with Sony to try and get these fixed and the service launched. Sorry for making you wait but it's market-firsts we're attempting so the road there isn't always bump-free! Bear with us 🙂

Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 42

Okay no problem. Thanks again for your reply.

Could you please confirm which quality streams are available on which platforms at this point in time?

I understand it to currently be:
Youview 4K box - 4K SDR with Atmos
Apple TV - 1080p HDR 50fps
Samsung Smart TV (2015 onwards) - 1080p HDR 50fps
Xbone - 1080p 50 fps (soon to get HDR?)
PS4 - 1080p 50 fps

Therefore to get 4K BT Sport it is still exclusive to either the 4K Youview Box or the Virgin V6 box?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 42

@KitH 

I'm going to stick my neck out and ask you something, which if you are unable to answer I'll fully understand. Is there any likelihood of the BT Sport app coming to Roku devices (NOT asking about Now TV devices) any time soon. I'm contemplating switching to an Apple TV 4K for the app BUT I love the simplicity of Roku. Should I wait??? 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 24 of 42

Would love to answer but can't I'm afraid!! What I'd say (and what you probably already know) is Apple TV's are more powerful devices than Roku devices so probably long term you're likely to get a better experience on various apps on that platform. But that's really more generally - in terms of our app I can't give any timelines sorry!

Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 42

Fully understood @KitH 

Would you crack under torture I wonder 😂 😂

I'm probably edging towards the Apple anyway, can I  blame that on you when the wife finds out? 🤣

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 26 of 42

@KitH Sorry I forgot to tag you in my previous message and can't seem to edit my posts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 27 of 42

I watch Sky Sports football coverage most Sundays and am yet to provide them any secrets, so no - I will never crack 🙂

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 28 of 42

Yes that's right.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 42

@KitH 

Picked up this thread with interest.  Really keen to know if (not when!) the app will definitely be made available for Sony Android based TV's, as well as Samsung?

Thanks,

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 30 of 42

We're always looking at new platforms to launch on, to help customers access our awesome content. But i'm afraid I can't confirm whether we'll be adding onto Android based TV's you mention. But who knows what the future holds!

0 Ratings