cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT Sport 4K hdr and 4K on devices question

KitH , how can it be that hard to have 4K hdr ? It’s not like it’s new technology 🙄🤔🤔

Also I’ve read you don’t have matching frame rate on the app ? That’s going to be messy 😕
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 12 of 37

I'm afraid if it was easy then everyone would have been offering 4K HDR by now. It's a lot harder than it sounds! We are working hard to get it out there but more complicated than it appears.

We currently deliver 50 frames per second HD HDR on Apple TV and I hope you agree when you watch it that it's a superb picture and viewing experience.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 37

KitH , I’ll give it ago . But I shouldn’t have to mess with my settings to do that. If I was aiming at a higher quality setting I’d expect to adjust. But the bt sports app version is a lower setting . It should auto adjust down.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 14 of 37

Yes I’m afraid when set to the 4K setting the frame rate drops significantly. This is a hardware issue and out of our control unfortunately. Apple don’t support 4K 50 frames per second out of the box. The frame rate has more impact on the customer experience than the resolution so hence why best to have on lower setting. As much as I know it’s a pain!

Enjoy the game tomorrow and the champs league in the week. Finally it’s back!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 37

@KitH   Ok so Apple you don’t do 4k ...... where’s the 4K hdr on Xbox ?  🤔🤔🙈

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 37

I was reading some stuff on another forum the other day which said that the ATV *may* be able to do the 4k stream at 50fps, just not in HDR. I.e. if you set your ATV to 4K SDR then the Ultimate stream may work as 4K SDR.

If it is that the ATV literally cannot handle 4K 50fps video, then has been advised just set the ATV to 1080p HDR and watch in HD HDR 50fps.

It would definitely be appreciated by the whole ATV community who access BT Sport through this device if the app was updated to work with the auto match frame rate/resolution/frame rate options.

Cheers.

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 17 of 37

We are working on it I can assure you! Please bear with us 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 37

No issue for me, I don't have Apple TV 4K! I have a trusty 3rd Gen Chromecast!

I was wondering though, do you have any information about when the BT Sport app might make its way onto NowTV stick/Roku Stick?

Cheers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 19 of 37

Hey Mallet94 - I'm afraid I can't say when we might launch a new product like that. Or my friends in PR would kill me!

But I can say that we're continuing to look at other platforms we can add the app too... 😉

Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 37

Okay no problem. Understood!

Another quick question, do you have any idea on timescale of when HDR, and then separately 4K SDR or HDR, may be coming to the PS4?

Thanks.
0 Ratings