Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport Activation via BTV

Go to solution

To cut a long story short, I was finally able to add BT Sport to my existing packages.

Can anyone inform me as to how long it takes for BT Sport to activate on an existing BT viewing card?

Many thanks in advance

Neil

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport Activation via BTV

Go to solution

Further to the above I forgot to add that when I view CH58 I get the following message "Your Viewing Card is not subscribed to this channel".

This is understandable I guess as they've not activated BT Sports yet.

0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Would it help if I were to re-boot my BTV box?

TIA

0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I removed my card and reinserted it and essentially have the same message regarding my card not being subscribed to this channel (Ch58). There is also an error code [VSP003]. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks again

Neil

0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

The online process of reactivating my exisiting card doesn't appear to work either. Any help or assistance would be really appreciated, thank you.

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Hi you need to leave the card in the box and leave the tv on the sort channel for up to an hour and this should entitle the card and have you up and running ie on channel 58
0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for your input.

I've had the BTV box on Ch58 since mid-morning and was really hoping it would've activated by now as I'd like to watch the football.

0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Got it sorted eventually. The card simply wasn't paired. This was resolved this morning. Further to this I can also confirm I'm getting BT Sports via PLAs. Not that it really matters that much as I'm waiting on my Infinity installation.

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

great to hear it all up and running, was it just a case of leaving the box tuned to the channel or did you have to call in and get BT to do something?

0 Ratings
NeilMcL
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

The BTV box was pretty much left on Ch58 for 20+ hours, though I did change channels to watch the Auld Enemy.

Other than that, it was on Ch58, though I did need to power up the BTV box again every 4 hours or so (Eco-Mode?). Anyway, gave it another hour or so this morning prior to phoning BT and being referred to Tech Supp, who, in their defence, sorted my concern within a few minutes.

0 Ratings