cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryB-F
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport Activation

I had a new contract with BT for Phone and Broadband in June 2013 as I was not able to change the name on the account. I am unable to activate BT Sport; message keeps coming up that I'm not registered with a Broadband Account. Have been in contact with BT over the last three weeks and given the run around by four people so far saying it would be sorted by the end of the day to then it to take a week; then telling me to ring back at the weekend. Apparently because the new BT telephone number given to me was changed back to the old BT telephone number my on-line BT telephone account now reads with my old telephone number but the Broadband side (ON MYBT) still shows the new contract telephone number. In essence when trying to activate BT Sport online the system is confused with me having my old BT telephone number back in use on my new account and BT haven't cleared down the old BT Broadband Account properly. Now they're talking about mac codes etc when both accounts are with BT and it's their fault. Could a Moderator please look into this for me as emails and telephone calls are in a loop. Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport Activation

Do you still own your old number?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
MaryB-F
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yes. Old number now on new account.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

So the new number isn't yours but appears on your broadband account?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MaryB-F
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes. The last time I spoke with them (Tuesday) they said they would update my details.
0 Ratings