cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport App Error Messages

Go to solution

Hi, 

Can anyone help - I can watch all BT sport live channels but unable to watch any highlights on the BT Sport app - receiving error code VP216 - it’s only been the last couple of days - I have tried the app on PS4/ Samsung TV/ Amazon fire stick but it’s not working. 

any assistance would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport App Error Messages

Go to solution

OK, so VP216 should be telling you that your location is invalid - that you need to be in the UK to watch the video.  If you're in the UK and not using any VPN, then please send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged into the app with and I'll check what's going on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you I have sent a DM
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for raising this @Ebs - we were incorrectly blocking the Channel Islands as a result of a system update last week. This has now been corrected, and we're putting measures in place to prevent it happening in future.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Amazing, thank you so much
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

I am having a similar issue.

On Saturday, I was unable to watch the Chelsea match due to LC205 error messages and today unable to watch due to VP216 error messages.

I have done nothing to alter my internet access via Plus Net since I last watched BT Sport.

Can you help? I want to watch the Liverpool game tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
The best thing you can do is reboot your internet router - this will get you a new IP address that should hopefully be recognised as being in the UK.
If you could also send me a DM with the BT ID you're using, I'll see if I can check what's happening with your current IP.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for coming back so quickly.

How do I send you a DM?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @AndrewC13 - I've received your DM.

I can confirm that PlusNet have started using an IP range that was previously registered to BT Americas, so users on that IP range will appear to be in the US.

I've kicked off the necessary process to update the relevant systems.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you very much, Darren.

0 Ratings