cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport App - Ireland

Hi, I currently pay for BT Sport in the UK, but due to the current Covid-19 situation, I’m  living in Ireland (Dublin) and can’t watch rugby on my BT Sport app. Please help, as at present I’m looking to cancel my membership. 
Cheers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport App - Ireland

Hi @JWood2 I'm sorry this is not something we can help you with as the BT Sport app is now only accessible from within the UK.

From 1 January 2021, the transition period for the UK to leave the European Union (EU) will have ended and new rules will take effect.

As a result of this, as a BT TV and BT Sport customer, you will no longer be able to use your apps or access web players in the EU. This includes all live and catch-up services.

You will only be able to continue to watch in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

have you tried using VPN?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Known VPNs are also blocked - our list is frequently updated. I wouldn't recommend anyone continue paying on the off-chance that the VPN they're using is still working on the day you really want to watch a match.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Are you still able to watch BT Sport in Ireland via Sky or Now?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Yes - you can take a contract directly with Sky for access to BT Sport from ROI. This won't allow you to use the BT Sport app though.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for your help David.

Sounds like BT are missing a trick tbh.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

No problem Harry. 😉
Unfortunately it's all to do with rights and how they're distributed. As Neil has mentioned - Brexit changed everything.