cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

Well clearly you have a unique way of implementing HDR.

The whole idea of HDR was to make images brighter and more alive, not to make it dark.

For goodness sake, what's wrong with people??

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 135

Go to solution

Clearly *not* unique, as it's the most common complaint about HDR in general (not specific to BT Sport).

I don't think we have any help for it on the BT site, but Sky have a great article written by a customer:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Watching-the-football-why-is-the-picture-dark/ba-p/3749145

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 135

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 135

Go to solution

Well I'm going to be reluctant to watch anymore on the Ultimate channel if its going to continue to be dark. Not that 4k works anyway because the hardware isn't good enough!!

HDR is meant to be used for creating better pictures, not displaying it so dark.

People don't buy TV for its darkness!! The want bright detailed images.

You might as well reduce the picture quality to HD too??

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 135

Go to solution

I bought my TV for the darkness. True black is something that makes a big difference to any content. OLED is pure black and the recent content I've watched on BT Ultimate has been very good.

If you don't like the BT HDR output on Ultimate then just cancel your subscription. You don't have to pay for it. 

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 135

Go to solution

Yes, true blacks of course in dark scenes - thats the great thing about OLED.  But I'm taking about the picture brightness.

When I watching BT Sport 1, should I turn the brightness down on my TV?

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 135

Go to solution

You should be able to set your TV up for both SDR and HDR content. So depending on the content, TV will change display settings.

I find these guys very good for adapting your settings, https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c1-oled/settings

This is for an LG C1 but just search for your TV model for best SDR and HDR settings. This is a good starting point but it's all down to personal preference. 

Just make sure you configure your TV while while watching SDR and HDR independently.

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 135

Go to solution
No other content I watch is dark. Just BT Sport Ultimate.
0 Ratings
Message 79 of 135

Go to solution

Well, I tried,

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 135

Go to solution

I just put the Ultimate channel on and it's much brighter this evening! Looks great 👍 

0 Ratings