cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

I'm also reporting issue to Google. If others also report maybe it will up the priority on the issue from their end?

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 135

Go to solution

Ive given up using this device for bt sport ultimate, my first gen firestick 4k works allot better, wish i had kept the chromecast ultra rather than upgrading as it was flawless with 4k hdr atmos playback on bt.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 135

Go to solution

Do you know the best way to report to Google?

This started being an issue more than a year ago and it is frustrating that BT and Google can't work together to come up with an answer. Happy to take our money though 

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 135

Go to solution

chromecast-support@google.com

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 135

Go to solution

Thanks, I have just sent this email. Everyone who hasn't emailed Google, do it.

I have owned a Chromecast with Google TV for a couple of years and watched Netflix, Prime, Disney+ etc in 4k Dolby Vision and Atmos without fault.
I live in the UK and pay for the BT Sport Ultimate package which should allow me to watch their 4k HDR content too.
Over a year ago a problem developed with their stream on your device, it is well documented here,  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-Sport-App-New-Google-Chromecast-4K/m-...

DarrenDev, the BT Sport expert, has stated that Google are aware of the problem, as you can see from reading the above thread.

As a customer of both Google TV and BT Sport, I am becoming increasingly frustrated that you cannot work together to resolve the problem. 

I would like to know if Google are aware of the issue?
If not, why not?
If so, can you please explain what you are doing to resolve the issue?

I understand that issues arise unexpectedly, and aren't always simple to fix, but, after more than a year, I find it hard to believe that you can't find a fix, if you wanted to.

I would really appreciate a response to this email. I am available on the numbers below if anyone is willing to discuss this further.

Message 106 of 135

Go to solution

That email address is not monitored... Just had this reply

Questions? Comments? We're here to help!

Unfortunately, this email is an automated notification and messages aren’t monitored. Please visit our Help Center for help using your Chromecast. For additional support options available in your language, please visit https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6025971. If you’re already working with an agent, please reply directly back to that email for further assistance. We look forward to helping you. 

The Chromecast Team

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 135

Go to solution

I'm having an ongoing conversation with the Google support for Chromecast, who are emailing from this address. I have pointed them towards this conversation too. Maybe try: chromecast-support-eu@google.com

Alternatively, you can raise a support query for Chromecast via Google website. 

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 135

Go to solution
I just emailed chromecast-support-eu@google.com and it's monitored. So please all contact this one.
0 Ratings
Message 109 of 135

Go to solution

I've had no response or even acknowledgement from Google after emailing them. I've given up.

I have bought an apple TV 4k box and watched 3 hours of BT Ultimate this afternoon and it's worked flawlessly. The pictures are so good. 

It's not cheap, £160, and as I've never owned any apple products, I was a little unsure but after reading the reviews, I went for it. So glad I did, wish I'd done this a year ago.

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 135

Go to solution
Google have been trying to help me. No improvement yet to be honest. Latest below. @DarrenDev can you assist with the questions below please? 

"As previously mentioned, networks broadcast their shows as "Live" which is different from regular online streaming. When it comes to live streaming, there are a lot of moving parts. Broadcasters need a workflow for filming the live event, encoding or transcoding the files, delivering the video to users, and allowing playback by viewers.

Conclusion: 
  • So far, we don't have any definitive information for the root cause. If we're going to base our assessment with YouTube TV (4K) you mentioned it's good, but it's not at par with BT Sports Ultimate. We haven't really tried a different sports app yet.
Plan:
  • Try asking for a secondary URL link from your streaming provider and use that in their app.
  • Ask what are the ports used by BT Sports Ultimate and apply that to your router. 
  • Observe a Live 4K video coming from a different Live Sports App that is "Live and on 4K". 
  • Also, please help me get the build number for your Chromecast with Google TV.
  • In addition, can we try putting your Chromecast on developer mode too.
    • Go to Settings > System > About.
    • Scroll down to “Android TV OS Build” where it shows your version of Android TV.
    • Tap that row 7 times and it will enable “Developer Mode”
    • Go to Settings > Privacy > Security & Restrictions, and select “Unknown sources”
  • Please check if there's a new version for your Google Home app, you can download it from the Google Play Store. "
0 Ratings