Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Emsworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

BT Sport App jumping on Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40 tablet

Go to solution
Hi all,

Having recently purchased a new tablet, running on Nougat 7.0, we were looking forward to viewing Motogp. However, once the picture switches to HD, it jumps and stutters all over the place. Are there any simple solutions to this?

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
osfmuppet
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT Sport App jumping on Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40 tablet

Go to solution
I am having the same problem but can add some info. I bought my Acer tablet in August and installed the BT Sport app which worked fine. In mid September Acer sent out three "system updates" which installed one after the other. Since these updates the BT Sport app has behaved as Emsworthy has described. I have yet to find a solution.
0 Ratings
GrahamS48
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Same for me - same Acer, same problem.  I have Eurosport player which works no prob.  On SkyGo I have to watch "none-HD" though, or similar problem

0 Ratings
Plonki87
Beginner
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
Same Acer, tablet, same issue. Done all the updates, bit annoyed! An option to run at slightly lower quality would be great
0 Ratings
GrahamS48
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Further to previous - looks like this is a problem with tablet. My son brought his Samsung tablet to my house and worked fine.  I'm going to try to get an answer from Acer, although lower quality may solve, but i don't think we are likely to get BT to give that option.

0 Ratings
Emsworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution
Will be good to see what Acer say. Look forward to hearing more.
0 Ratings
Plonki87
Beginner
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
I've just checked the general reviews for the BT Sport app on Google Play, and amongst them found many complaints about stream issues, on various devices. On 31/10/17 one of the complaints received a reply from Colin at BT Group PLC saying that they were aware of issues on the Acer Iconia One, and that an update is on the way to fix it....
GrahamS48
Beginner
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Had a "live chat" with Acer - that's an hour of my life i won't get back!

I was told they don't cover software issues, but I can ring "Acer Premium Tech Support", initially on freephone, but any fixes are chargeable!  Sounds a bit like our fault for buying Acer.  Let's hope BT come up with something soon.

Emsworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Interesting to hear about an update - let's hope it's before the next Motogp season starts!

Graham - how lovely to hear our custom is appreciated. Ain't customer service just wonderful!
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Afternoon all,

As @osfmuppet has mentioned, it appears that some recent Acer system updates have caused problems with streaming in the BT Sport app, specifically on the Iconia One tablet. We've got a fix that should resolve the problem which we'll make available via the beta channel on Google Play soon. I'll post here when that's ready and you'll be able to get early access before we roll it out to everyone.

Kind Regards,

Colin

Sport expertColinB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.