cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

BT Sport App keeps Stopping

Just trying to watch the Newcastle Bath match tonight via BT Sport App on my iPhone, and it keeps stopping and going back a screen, so I have to press 'Play' to start it again. It happens about every 1 or 2 minutes, very annoying.

After the Airplay mess the week before, why is it necessary for BT to keep messing around with the App? Lately it seems to be broken for more time than it works... Is it just me?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Sport App keeps Stopping

Welcome to the forum. If it was down to the app there would be other complaints. A flaky internet connection can interrupt video streaming; if the problem's occurring in the same location it might be worth trying elsewhere.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Hi, I've tried at two different wifi locations, and via 4G (where the download speed is around 20meg).
The only common is the app...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

If that doesn't solve it, have a look at the last few posts here. The Beta version linked in Message 11 fixed my issue and I'm still using it with 100% reliability. I'm not sure when the new version will be released as an update, but you might like to give it a go if you can't resolve your problem with the existing version.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Thanks for the reply, I did already try uninstalling and reinstalling.
I'll take a look at the beta - it's hard to see it can be anything other than an app issue as I'm just using it in a situation where nothing has changed, I.e. at home on my BT broadband.
0 Ratings
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Update - looks like the beta is via Google for Android, I'm on iOS so will try and find a beta for that.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 14

Hi @mariajenkins,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the app on your iPhone. As you've found, the public beta is only available for Android. I've not heard of any issues like the one you're describing so there won't be any changes in upcoming versions that should change the behaviour. Are you still seeing this happen? Can you explain what happens - does the app close, or return to the home page for example?

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

@mariajenkins wrote:
Update - looks like the beta is via Google for Android, I'm on iOS so will try and find a beta for that.

I overlooked the mention of iPhone in your original post - sorry for the wild goose chase.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

@pottyperson - no problem πŸ˜€

@ColinB_Sport yes I still have the problem. The stream plays for a minute or two, then goes to the screen that you see after you have chosen your channel - that it a still with the 'Watch' caption and arrow. I just press the caption and the problem cross repeats.
I don't believe anything has changed, and I have tried a couple of different wifi locations as well as 4G access.
0 Ratings
mariajenkins
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Sorry, meant to say 'and the process repeats'... my bad typing...
0 Ratings