cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport App on Apple TV

I have this working fine. I read in the press that 4K and HDR to follow at a later date.

Will there be new pricing structures or must you have the BT TV 4k already?

Trying to work out where this sits seeing as I have the 4K youview box already with BT sport on it.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
xtotoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport App on Apple TV

Do you get surround sound?

I get surround on the sky hd box but not via the Apple TV app...

Very very sharp image though...

Currently paying for the sky channels in HD (somehow discounted as a broadband customer) - 4K would be an awesome upgrade, I can’t see prices yet
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Not really tried, seeing as I have the BT 4K box. The ATV outputs for me have to go through the TV and I end up with something odd anyway.

Might have a check on the next match I watch.

0 Ratings
xtotoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Pretty sure now there is no surround via the Apple TV app but as I said the image quality seems to be much better than through the Sky box... (I have BT Sport HD subscription via sky HD box)

I have everything connected correctly now - surround / hdr and Dolby vision work nicely via Netflix app for example... there is an Apple TV 4K tutorial for the best settings here https://youtu.be/ZaFhC1UOtNE

I have my Apple TV and sky boxes connected to the TV too - the sound bar is connected to the TV using the HDMI port that reads “ARC” - that is the hdmi port where you have to connect your speakers...
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Main thrust of my question was where this app will sit in the pricing structure for non BT UHD youview users and should I decide to give up my box and move to a cheaper provider, can I still use this app and buy in the services I need.

To that end I have not really explored what it can do audio wise, the vision is good. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I should add that BT does 4k sport very well.

0 Ratings