Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport App on NOW TV smart stick

All,

Read a few posts over on the NOW TV forum regarding the BT Sport App on several NOW TV devices and its all gone quiet.  Read it was meant to be in Spring, well that window has just gone.

Really want the BT Sport App on my Now TV smart stick as currently having to cast to a Chromecast BT Sport and have to use the NOW TV stick for Sky Sports as you only get 1080 HD on certain devices which dont include a Chromecast.  Plus casting is a little convoluted for those who just want to watch content on BT Sport and Now TV and aren't tech savvy like some in my house!!  My Apple TV in the lounge does both and supports Now in HD but i am not spending £150 on another one of those if BT sport apps arrival is imminent. 

Anyone heard anything? Not that it really matters at the moment but looks like sport will be back on soon.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport App on NOW TV smart stick

According to Now Tv  from Spring 2020

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

so probably best asking  on the Now Tv community for an update if you feel their published information requires updating.

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT Sport App on NOW TV smart stick

Its odd as BT Sport is available to Irish Republic NOW TV customers already and has been for a while, maybe a different TV rights thing but clearly not a technical problem with delivery to the NOW devices.

I wonder what the delay in UK release is as full NOW TV is now available to BT customers on their set top box and the rights have all been sorted i thought. 

I would think that BT would be keen to get BT Sport on the NOW devices as by not its a revenue stream less for BT as NOW customers who want BT sport on a NOW device cant subscribe to BT Sport but its an extra revenue stream for NOW TV as they are getting extra subs from BT customers using their set top box.

Clearly not, anyway I will jog on back to the NOW TV forum.

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Re: Now available - BT Sport App on NOW TV smart stick

The BT Sport app is now available to download on Now TV sticks in the UK.  Seems to work well.

0 Ratings
begood
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Just a follow up has BT Sport been removed from the NOW TV smart stick?  In other words it is no longer possible to get BT SPORT on Now TV smartstick!!!

If so when did it happen and why?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 6 of 8

It's still available @begood - you need to make sure your stick is UK registered, as it's only available in the UK app store.

0 Ratings
begood
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

OOOPS I may have got wrong end of stick(always wanted to do that)  but apparently its an LG TV with the Now app and not the stick.  Does that mean they cant add BT sport? 

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 8

I'm afraid we don't have an app for LG TVs. You'll need to connect a supported device to your TV to watch BT Sport. Options include Chromecast, Google TV, Now TV Stick, Roku Stick, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation ...