cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport App ultimate "loading"?

Go to solution

Using the app on a Sony TV, ultimate picture quality is fantastic but the experience is ruined by the constant interruption of the "Loading" icon. This only happens on the Ultimate channel all the others are fine.

My TV is hard wired to my router and my internet connection is fine, I frequently watch 4k content on other apps with no problem.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport App ultimate "loading"?

Go to solution
Watching LEI v ARS on ultimate 4k but NOT HDR and it's playing fine with no buffering.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
This has been mentioned quite a lot, and we're investigating - we'll fix it as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
I just updated the app and now it won't open at all!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
There haven't been any updates to the TV app since December @Dawson, but we did release an update to the mobile app last night.
There's another thread on here where a user with a Sony TV has been given the mobile app by mistake - it sounds like Google is incorrectly delivering the mobile app to TVs. I'm now investigating.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply, sounds like I've been given the mobile app by mistake also.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
My Sony TV is showing version 8.9.2 on the app.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Confirmed - I'm now working on updates to both the mobile app (to stop this happening again) and TV app (to fix TVs that have already upgraded).
Google can take a few hours to approve updates, so unfortunately it may not be until tomorrow morning that this is sorted.
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
The update has now been approved, and should appear in the Play Store in the next few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Frustratingly, we have another update for the loading issue (plus loads more) currently in test but it's too soon to release it to live. It'll will be released in 2 weeks after we've tested it thoroughly.