cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport App with BT Sport on Sky

When I took out BT Broadband I also subscribed to BT Sport on Sky as this was the only reliable method of watching it given my slow Broadband speed. However I am having Full Fibre 900 installed next week and would like to be able to stream BT Sport Ultimate via the BT Sport App on an Apple TV.

Can anyone tell me whether my subscription to BT Sport on Sky includes The right to stream BT Sport Ultimate or whether I would have to take our a separate subscription?  Unfortunately I cannot test it out without upgrading my Apple TV to the 4K model which I couldn’t justify unless I knew I could get BT Sport Ultimate with my current package. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport App with BT Sport on Sky

BT Sport Ultimate is only available on direct subscriptions through BT I believe. 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 6

Who do you pay for your BT Sport through Sky subscription?  If it's BT then yes - you can use the app.  If the money goes straight to Sky then you can't.

Also, you'll need to switch to one of the non-Sky BT Sport packages to get Ultimate - see the list at bt.com/sport/buy (it's cheaper than the Sky option)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I pay BT for my BT Sport on Sky.  I have the BT Sport app on my phone but the Ultimate channels aren’t listed.  I don’t know whether this is because my current subscription excludes access to Ultimate or because my iPhone can’t play UHD content.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 6

BT Sport isn't listed as a channel in the app - Ultimate events will be available in the app shortly before they start. Also, if you watch the regular channel, you'll see a prompt in the player to switch to Ultimate as soon as it becomes available. If your phone doesn't support HDR, you'll not see any difference - it'll just be on the regular BT Sport channels.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, DarrenDev.  I checked and my iPhone can display HDR but no programmes on the BT Sports app were showing as being available in HDR.  Eventually I tracked down some info on the BT website which says that BT Ultimate is available on the app to BT Sport on Sky customers for an additional £5 pm ( BT Sport Ultimate: What it is and how you can watch | BT Help).  So that seems to answer my question.  Thanks for you help. 

0 Ratings