cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport Availability

Hi. I would love to have BT Sport but I have no need for any off the various platforms, Sky, TalkTalk Tv etc, that it is currently available on. Why cant BT Sport just let you register for a paid subscription for their app, then I can watch on my TV via Chromecast. This system works fine for Sky with their Now TV system. BT must be losing a potential fortune by not offering this option?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport Availability

Hi @Fieact,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. If you have BT Broadband you can sign up to the BT Sport App only service. You can find out more here How to order BT Sport App only

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

My broadband is with another suppler but why should a streaming service be limited to who your broadband is with.

Can you imagine Netflix being so successful if you had to take Netflix broadband for it to work? 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

It is simply that BT are using their sports coverage to attract more subscribers to their broadband.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Attract or dis-attract? Surely its not right to monopolies a whole European competition just to make  money out of their overpriced secondary infrastructures such as broadband...which they still get a percentage off no matter who you are with via line rental...Why do we still have that by the way??? I was actually willing to pay a fair price but no wonder people take other measures to watch the games!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

Who told you that BT get a percentage no matter who you are with a sit's completely incorrect information. The lines which are managed by Openreach are still used to deliver the broadband so they need to be paid for one way or another
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

BT own Openreach, so my point isn't incorrect?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 12

It doesn't matter whether your point is correct or not. BT have paid for the rights and can use/market them as they see fit, whichever gives them the best return on their investment.

Stew

Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 12

BT Sports can be purchased through BT to watch on Sky or TalkTalk TV, also available from Plusnet, EE and Virgin Media.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Richie but that was my original point. I have not need for Sky, TalkTalk Tv or any off the other systems. I simply wanted to pay for access to the BT Sport app and use via Chromecast.
0 Ratings