cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport Box Office App - Unavailable In Your Area

Hi,

I just bought the UFC fight for tonight and downloaded the Box Office app. When I attempt to log in using my wifi it says “This application is currently unavailable in your area”. I am in England and my IP address states as much when I check it. Does anybody know why this might be happening?

I can log in using 4G, but I can’t use my data to stream the whole fight later. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport Box Office App - Unavailable In Your Area

I can only recommend you try rebooting your router to get a new IP address and try again.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks. By that do you mean just powering it off and on again? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Yes. That's the simplest way.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I'm getting the same, literally just missed the Chandler fight because it locked me out. Seems to think I'm in Kirkland, US. I'm based on London - IP etc.  shows that. 

Very unimpressed. Only way I've found to fix it is to switch on a VPN with a UK server, open the app and then switch the VPN off to be able to cast it. 

What a shoddy app. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I can login on 4G and then switch to wifi and it works fine. Weird. There’s been a lot of issues in the US too so who knows. Enjoy the fight 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

My guess would be a large IP range has changed ownership (and country) and the Box Office service need to be updated.

One other possibility is Google doing something weird - are you guys using Android? I was investigating a customer issue last week where he was blocked from the BT Sport app because it said he was outside the UK. His IP address was registered to Google in the US - I thought maybe one of the safe browsing or data saver features of Android had started affecting apps, but it disappeared without explanation.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I am indeed using android. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I was using iOS 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@ThatGumYouLike  @ceebev  I'll send you a DM  - could you please reply and let me know the username you were trying to log into the Box Office app with?  We're raising a ticket with our Box Office supplier to investigate further.

0 Ratings