cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umar91
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport Box Office - watch via App/Online?

Go to solution

Hi,

There's a boxing event taking place next Saturday on BT Sport Box Office which I'd like to watch, but I won't be at home. Does anyone know if this fight will be available to watch via any of the following?

A) BT sport app

B) BT Sport Box Office app (non-existent at present)

C) BT sport online player

The  main page for the fight states 'Buy the fight now for £19.95 - watch on TV, online or on the app'

However there is no such BT Sport Box Office app at present. In BT Sport Box Office FAQs, it states that 'BT Sport Box Office events won’t initially be available on an app or online player.'

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport Box Office - watch via App/Online?

Go to solution

yes it does appear confusing.

Looking at the main page you posted the link fo there are several other references to the

Specifically the  Can I watch the event  outside the UK  has the answer

If you’ve bought the event in the UK with a UK credit or debit card or on your EE bill, you’ll be able to watch using the BT Sport Box Office app while in the EU or EEA. Republic of Ireland customers can view the event through Eir but not on the web player or app.

And the How Do I Buy a BT Sport  Box Office event on  my BT TV  has the 

You can order an event on BT Sport Box Office on channel 494 or via BT Player on your BT TV box and following the on-screen instructions.

You can only buy BT Sport Box Office events on your BT TV box, not online or over the phone.

You need to have fibre broadband to order and watch via your BT TV Box. If you have copper broadband, you can still order and watch via the BT Sport Box Office app.

Looks like some clarification is needed.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@umar91 I'm really sorry about any confusion caused.  We raised this with the BT Sport team yesterday and they have advised that we will be updating our website later this week to confirm all the ways to view Wilder v Fury.

0 Ratings
DezzieG
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Does this mean I need to have a monthly subscription with either BT or Sky before I can purchase the fight on Saturday?

Before I was able to just buy the pay per view and watch it through my phone?

I don't think its fair if you expect people to be tied in to a contract who only want to watch certain choice events.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @DezzieG,

You can sign up to BT Sport Box Office using the App or online without having a BT or Sky subscription.

You can find more information here - BT Sport Box Office FAQs

Thanks

PaddyB

DezzieG
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.
I was looking in the wrong place to set up an account.
All set up now and ready to go.
Thanks
0 Ratings
adamseddon
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

There is no page to create a BT Box Office Account. I've tried on a PC, android and on iOS. 

The link to create an account takes you here: https://btsportboxofficen.bttv.bt.com/

Sign in... no sign up. 

If somebody has a link to where we can create one of these accounts I and I'm sure many others would be grateful.

A link to where we could simply just buy the fight would be even better but I assume having an account is mandatory... 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@adamseddon

You can set an account up via the FAQ's page under: How can I watch BT Sport Box Office event?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
yvonnep
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

When you press watch , it takes you to the register and pay page.  This sets up your account. After you have done that you can log in to watch or download the BT Box office app and watch on that too.

0 Ratings