cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Sport Box Office

@BSF74 I got an answer on the Sky situation today. We've switched to a wholesale deal with Sky for this event - instead of paying BT and it being available on Sky, you now need to pay Sky directly. They'll own the entire contract with you, and be responsible for the services they provide. I'm not sure what that means for replays though - I'll ask tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

I guess that explains why they're promoting the event on their social media for BT and offering links to buy the PPV also. They've never done that before, but then a closer working relationship and a wholesale deal means they've got to put the work in i guess.

@DarrenDevany updates regarding the other Boxoffice threat regarding quality ect?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@DarrenDev   In that case I’m fairly confident the repeats are included as Sky events normally include the repeats in the price the confusion arises because sky normally put the word repeat in the description on the bill, ie joshua v Usyk repeat, but with this one it’s just TYSON FURY V DILION WHYTE but that could simply be down to how the event is being displayed on the program guide 

the charge for the event is already on my next estimated sky bill with a date and time stamp of 28th April 14:59 which from what I can see is the start time of final repeat

my previous Sky direct ppv purchases have also had a time stamp of the final repeat and I was able to watch the repeats so that would tie up with above 

however if you hear any different please let me know 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

This is all the detail I can get:

If you order from Sky then you ONLY get access on your Sky box. You'll be able to watch the event live on the night, and then from 9am on the 24th until 6pm on the 28th, it'll be repeated every 3 hours.  You can buy from Sky right up until 3pm on the 28th (when the final repeat starts playback).  We don't believe Sky will be offering an "on demand" option, so you'll need to wait for the 3 hour window to catch the repeat.

If you order from BT then you'll not be able to watch on Sky, but you'll have access to all the online services, including being able to watch on demand whenever you want (until the 28th at 6pm).

Regarding quality, I've had it confirmed that the event will go up to 1080p, but I've yet to have it confirmed whether that's p25 or p50.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Quality is 1080p25. Same on Fire Stick browser and Airplay to Apple TV 4K (Having a play now the main event is over)

Would hope 50FPS is on the cards for this service and 4K too, afterall, it is a premium

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

The hope is to bring box office into the main BT Sport app, giving us unlimited options in terms of quality and features.
Message 17 of 17

That would be a fantastic upgrade to the current service.

0 Ratings